#19186 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6525 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:29

That's lovely lindaff. so pleased to hear that your dog brings so much pleasure.

My little Douchka and I will be going on a real adventure on Monday to meet some internet friends we have never yet seen. I hope Douchka will acquit herself as well as your dog. I have bought her a smart new harness for the occasion!

Now, I have been made very happy by the receipt of three short videos my sister has sent me.  When we were children we both had piano lessons and although I always felt she was more musical than me, she gave up and I carried on. She now lives in Australia and with grown up children found herself with time on her hands and decided to take up music again. So she got out her old synthesizer which had been in a cupboard for years found a teacher. He  turned out to be really great and she has taken enormous pleasure in learning to play  songs she has liked over the years. He got her to buy a really nice keyboard and I have just received videos of her playing  "Sailing", a simplified version of Chopin Nocturne Op 9 No 2 and "for Once in my Life".

I actually felt the pleasure she was taking in playing these pieces. I want to say thank you to all those teachers on this forum who take on  adult "returners" or adult "newbies".  I couldn't do it - I don't have that kind of patience or the kind of repertoire needed but I am immensely admirative of those who help these adult student to bring so much musical pleasure into their lives.

#19187 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16361 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:43

Daughter arriving for a few days, hope to play some piano/violin sonatas.  Sons birthday is Easter Day, booked a family dinner out (he has two little ones 2 and 6). No organist job as I share with another, so will go to Eucharist (and become Anglican - I am Methodist) with wife and daughter on Sunday morning (she is a Lay Reader at her church in Herts.)  We also have a trip out on Sat afternoon with family for an Easter Egg hunt at a local 'open' farm.  We will be busy !

#19188 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13867 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 14 April 2017 - 22:58

Teaching three lovely ladies whom I had taught some time ago (but not all together).   I was nervous as they are quite a disparate group in terms of previous experience etc. but it was really lovely - I'd forgotten how nice it is to teach a group again (I usually do 1-2-1 with adults at home).   

They said they 'went home buzzing' and said quite a lot of other nice things.

Happy Bunny :) :) :)

#19189 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6280 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 15 April 2017 - 15:18

Lawns mowed.  Still looks moderately awful, but a huge improvement.  Looking at the weather forecast, I'll be doing the edges on Monday.

I had a long day mostly on my feet yesterday [very good day with friends], had a bit of a walk this morning which my legs weren't too happy about.  I'm mostly awake [i.e. not needing naps] now but stamina/strength still very much reduced [is due to improve but I'm told not to push it, i.e. gently improve, not go in to marathon training].  So mowing the lawn and dealing with the edges need to be on separate days!)

Garden has got out of control with both 2015 and 2016 seeing such minimal regard for it; I met a nice man this week who is going to quote for getting it all weeded, de-ivied, and generally back up to a decent standard for garden potterers like us to manage :)

#19190 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 15 April 2017 - 17:27

Mm. Homemade tonic. And I don't care if it does identify me!

With my special gin.

#19191 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13867 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 21:59

These guys.   As ever.

They never fail to reset my chi :).

:wub: :wub: :wub:

#19192 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13867 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 22:51

Meeting up with Doodle this morning :).

#19193 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4134 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 21 April 2017 - 14:38

Dozy Hen has resumed her flower arranging hobby and is putting dandelions in her water bowl. She used to put them in her food bowl but they soon wilted. It appears that she has learnt how to keep her arrangements fresher for longer.

#19194 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6066 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 15:21

Dozy Hen has resumed her flower arranging hobby and is putting dandelions in her water bowl. She used to put them in her food bowl but they soon wilted. It appears that she has learnt how to keep her arrangements fresher for longer.

Excellent - cheers me up no end to hear about DH.

DS and girlfriend are looking after a tortoise (Archimedes) for a friend, and Archimedes has lettuce and broccoli to eat. He eats the broccoli, but puts his lettuce in his water bowl for a while before eating it.  Clearly living up to his learned name, and with as much common sense as DH!

#19195 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4134 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 21 April 2017 - 15:49

Love it! I expect he'd get on well with DH - they could put stuff in water bowls together!

#19196 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19480 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:15

Meeting up with Doodle this morning :).

:-)

...and meeting up with Aquarelle earlier this week! :-)

#19197 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6525 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 21 April 2017 - 22:10

......and meeting up with maggiemay and Mr  maggiemay in a lovely part of France. A real Easter treat! 

#19198 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13867 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 22:25

It's obviously a time for forum meet-ups - I met former forums member iona today (just started teaching her).

She is lovely and we had a fab lesson :)

#19199 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16361 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted Today, 18:39

This years first Jersey Royal potatoes at dinner 

#19200 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13867 posts

Posted Today, 21:56

Being TUFF.