A shortened version of the Forums Rules is given below. The full version can be found here.
By maintaining a user account and by posting to these forums, you hereby agree to abide by these rules.
FORUMS RULES - A SNAPSHOT
- Stay safe - protect your privacy and respect the privacy of others
- No abusive, offensive or aggressive postings
- No insults or personal attacks
- No foul language
- No trolling
- No inappropriate or illegal material
- No advertising (including "For Sale" or "Wanted" adverts)
- No crossposting
- No forum spamming
- No defamatory comments
- Avoid using jargon, abbreviations or "text talk"
May 1 2008, 05:20 PM
Joined: 23-April 08
From: United Kingdom
Member No.: 29586
I've just started learning the viola. I'm Grade 6 flute and Grade 4 piano already.
I've joined an amateur orchestra and I'd like to know about what level (grade standard) I'd need to be in order to move over to the strings section. I'm having lessons and am enjoying learning - in spite of the alto clef!
The standard of players in the orchestra is variable, but I don't really want to look like an idiot by being unable to play anything. I was watching the viola players last week and they didn't seem to move out of first position at all.
Any opinions or suggestions?
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 21st May 2013 - 05:33 AM|