• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2284 posts
  • Member: 9044

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:20

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 2 2011, 12:51 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Halka @ Nov 1 2011, 11:48 PM) View Post

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 1 2011, 11:43 PM) View Post

I'm afraid Little Mix, as far as I'm concerned, don't stand an earthly. Apart from Janet, I do quite like Johnny Robinson. But I can't see him winning, either.

Agree that it'd be nice for Janet to do an up-tempo number sometime. But even if she doesn't, I can't see anyone stopping her procession to the X Factor title, and I'd be quite happy to see that. smile.gif

Sorry, Barry, as an ordinary non-musical member of the public I really don't understand what is so great about her. Can you explain?

I like Johnny - but think Misha B will win it..

There's been a lot of bad publicity surrounding Misha B : that's probably scuppered any chance she had - good voice not withstanding.

Janet ticks quite a lot of boxes : a rather pretty voice that obviously sounds like Janet and no-one else is probably the biggest box. Not that it bothers me, but her image is also very good.

Hmmm, if I don't agree about one thing, then it's 'that her voice sounds like no-one else's' - she copies exactly all the bad mannerisms that a ton of teenage girls copy of the likes of Ellie Goulding, Diana Vickers (!) etc. What was once unique has turned into a fashion, and you really, imho, can't say she is vocally unique.

If it was purely voice, I think Kitty should win (also artistically tbh). I know that a lot of people hate her, but it's the usual: Make your mind up about someone early on, believe all the ###### the papers write, don't give them a real chance, and mumble on about 'likeability'.

That's probably exactly the people who prefer Frankie over someone who can really sing. I just hope that's over soon...

#197 sunil

sunil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Member: 205779
  • Peckham :) London

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:14

We stopped watching after first few seasons, but do occasionally goes to youtube. Kitty was seriously good with her version of Edge of Glory (live shows - sing offs)

Also worth to look in youtube for Josh and Stacey Francis on XF USA

QUOTE(Dugazon @ Nov 2 2011, 10:20 AM) View Post

If it was purely voice, I think Kitty should win (also artistically tbh). I know that a lot of people hate her

#198 Babybird2

Babybird2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts
  • Member: 25449
  • Yorkshire

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:25

I think Misha will win - not that I'm a fan of hers or anything! smile.gif

#199 Guest: MNW_*

Guest: MNW_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:29

I'm afraid Little Mix, as far as I'm concerned, don't stand an earthly. Apart from Janet, I do quite like Johnny Robinson. But I can't see him winning, either.

Agree that it'd be nice for Janet to do an up-tempo number sometime. But even if she doesn't, I can't see anyone stopping her procession to the X Factor title, and I'd be quite happy to see that. smile.gif

Sorry, Barry, as an ordinary non-musical member of the public I really don't understand what is so great about her. Can you explain?

I think Janet is awful, dull and has a mediocre voice. If she wins it'll be because the whole of Ireland vote for her. Misha is the best, not that I care about any of them.

Someone put Johnny down! rolleyes.gif

#200 Maria

Maria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Member: 37965
  • Midlands

Posted 02 November 2011 - 17:21

QUOTE(Dugazon @ Nov 2 2011, 10:20 AM) View Post

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 2 2011, 12:51 AM) View Post

There's been a lot of bad publicity surrounding Misha B : that's probably scuppered any chance she had - good voice not withstanding.

Janet ticks quite a lot of boxes : a rather pretty voice that obviously sounds like Janet and no-one else is probably the biggest box. Not that it bothers me, but her image is also very good.

Hmmm, if I don't agree about one thing, then it's 'that her voice sounds like no-one else's' - she copies exactly all the bad mannerisms that a ton of teenage girls copy of the likes of Ellie Goulding, Diana Vickers (!) etc. What was once unique has turned into a fashion, and you really, imho, can't say she is vocally unique.

Totally agree there. I can't understand it when people say she's really unique. She's at least pulled back from doing that little vocal flip every third word which was really irritating me!

I can't say I like Kitty - it's just not my sort of thing - but I can see why people do.

Again, I probably wouldn't buy Little Mix's music myself but I think they're the most interesting act and they're strong performers and, I think, good singers.

Frankie needs to leave and then he needs a bath. Ugh.

#201 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40911 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 03 November 2011 - 22:48

QUOTE(Maria @ Nov 2 2011, 05:21 PM) View Post

Frankie needs to leave and then he needs a bath. Ugh.

It's just as well smelli-vision hasn't been invented yet... ph34r.gif

#202 sunil

sunil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Member: 205779
  • Peckham :) London

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:35

This is one of the clip from XF USA (Stacy Francis)

#203 Brynfan

Brynfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Member: 96949
  • South Wales

Posted 04 November 2011 - 21:59

QUOTE(sunil @ Nov 4 2011, 06:35 AM) View Post

This is one of the clip from XF USA (Stacy Francis)

Just had a very brief look at this (couldn't bear to listen to any more ph34r.gif ) ph34r.gif and it's everything I hate about many contemporary female singers - too many notes......in fact, just too much of everything.

Not even going near the technical side of the singing, but the style just gets on my nerves

#204 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40911 posts
  • South East London

Posted 04 November 2011 - 22:02

QUOTE(Brynfan @ Nov 4 2011, 09:59 PM) View Post

Just had a very brief look at this (couldn't bear to listen to any more ph34r.gif ) ph34r.gif and it's everything I hate about many contemporary female singers - too many notes......in fact, just too much of everything.

...so not a Christina Aguilera fan, then... laugh.gif

#205 Dugazon

Dugazon

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2284 posts
  • Member: 9044

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:57

Stacy Francis is a story on its own.

I don't particularly like her oversinging (I never like it on anyone tbh), but the problem is that she (or the producers, or both) is also a liar.
She had this big sob story going on about "no chances in life" bla bla bla, but she has been a working (!) professional singer for years (or shall I say decades?), even had engagements on Broadway (Footloose for instance), worked as a backing singer for the likes of Chaka Khan, Janet Jackson etc. She even played in the West End in the past, sang at the Olivier Awards with Ruthie Henshall, so how she never had a chance in life as a singer is beyond me. Coincidentally, her website has now been taken down.

Hmmmm - I think I'll just apply next year, tell everyone about my 'c'rap' life, will just say I am a teacher, leave the word 'singing' out and see what happens. Oh wait now, that won't work, because the producers have to phone and ask me first if I'd like to participate. ph34r.gif

People, stop believing all this s'hite! Watch it to laugh about it, but don't take it for real.

#206 Maria

Maria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Member: 37965
  • Midlands

Posted 05 November 2011 - 18:09

QUOTE(Dugazon @ Nov 5 2011, 12:57 PM) View Post

People, stop believing all this s'hite! Watch it to laugh about it, but don't take it for real.

It's definitely not for real. One of my students got to boot camp and got taken into a room with some others, before even singing again, and told their stories weren't strong enough and they were being sent home. And he's ten times better than any of Gary's lads but there we go. I'm glad really as he was going to defer/reject his uni place for it which was a bit worrying! wacko.gif

I can't help but watch anything in which people sing but it's even boring me now!!

Quite intrigued by the BBC programme The Voice but don't know if it'll just be same sh*te, different channel. wink.gif

#207 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40911 posts
  • South East London

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:52

bye Frankie... wave.gif yay.gif

#208 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40911 posts
  • South East London

Posted 12 November 2011 - 21:45

I'm missing something...I thought Craig's performance today wasn't great... unsure.gif

#209 Guest: MNW_*

Guest: MNW_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 12 November 2011 - 22:42

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 12 2011, 09:45 PM) View Post

I'm missing something...I thought Craig's performance today wasn't great... unsure.gif

Me too!

#210 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40911 posts
  • South East London

Posted 12 November 2011 - 22:47

QUOTE(MNW @ Nov 12 2011, 10:42 PM) View Post

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Nov 12 2011, 09:45 PM) View Post

Me too!

Paparazzi is quite a lively song in its original state...it was as though all the life had been drained from it...