Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16152 posts
  • Member: 275
  • North Surrey

Posted 03 February 2012 - 21:04

Dear everyone

Some time ago I inherited the music archives of two former teachers.

I have been working on incorporating this treasure trove into my existing music collection.

There are some items in these archives that I don't need, or are duplicated. These are either vocal scores (opera or oratorio) or piano music.

These are free to a good home.

Please PM me an e-mail address if you're interested and I'll send you a spreadsheet of what's available.

#2 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16152 posts
  • North Surrey

Posted 04 February 2012 - 16:08

QUOTE(katyjay @ Feb 3 2012, 09:04 PM) View Post

Dear everyone

I have been working on incorporating this treasure trove into my existing music collection.

There are some items in these archives that I don't need, or are duplicated. These are either vocal scores (opera or oratorio) or piano music.

Please PM me an e-mail address if you're interested and I'll send you a spreadsheet of what's available.

I have packed up all the music people have requested so far. I am planning to post it on Monday.

If you have asked me for some music, please could you make sure I have your postal address.

If you are still interested in the music that is available (yes, there is still some left over) please PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the list to you.

#3 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16152 posts
  • North Surrey

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:54

QUOTE(katyjay @ Feb 4 2012, 04:08 PM) View Post

QUOTE(katyjay @ Feb 3 2012, 09:04 PM) View Post

Dear everyone

I have packed up all the music people have requested so far. I am planning to post it on Monday.

If you have asked me for some music, please could you make sure I have your postal address.

If you are still interested in the music that is available (yes, there is still some left over) please PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the list to you.

Still a few bits left if anyone's interested.....

#4 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16152 posts
  • North Surrey

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:35

The piano music has all gone biggrin.gif

There are still a few vocal scores left:

CODE

Composer    -    Title                           -    Language           -    Publisher
Roger Jones    -    Jerusalem Joy           -    English            -    Marshall Morgan Scott
Maunder    -    Olivet to Calvary           -    English            -    Novello
Haydn    -    Creation                   -    English            -    Paxton
Haydn    -    Creation                   -    English            -    Novello
Bach       -    Jesu Meine Freude       -    English            -    OUP
Brahms    -    Alto Rhapsody           -    English/German    -    Novello
Handel    -    Messiah                   -    English            -    Hart & Co

#5 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1186 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:38

Huge thanks to katyjay for organising this! It must have taken an enormous amount of time, trouble, and postage. It was wonderful to get some wonderful piano music in the post this morning ( Chopin, Beethoven and Debussy) - and the final gem was a book on Piano Technique by Sidney Harrison, which I can't wait to read! yay.gif - so excited!

#6 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16152 posts
  • North Surrey

Posted 07 February 2012 - 13:21

I'm glad your music has arrived, HelenVJ. Hopefully everyone else's will be with them soon.

Having been asked by a number of recipients, I've now decided that rather than reimbursing me for postage, I'd prefer it if people who wish to do that would instead make a donation to either the British Heart Foundation or a charity of their own choice.

biggrin.gif

#7 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18765 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 07 February 2012 - 14:07

QUOTE(HelenVJ @ Feb 7 2012, 11:38 AM) View Post

Huge thanks to katyjay for organising this! It must have taken an enormous amount of time, trouble, and postage. It was wonderful to get some wonderful piano music in the post this morning ( Chopin, Beethoven and Debussy) - and the final gem was a book on Piano Technique by Sidney Harrison, which I can't wait to read! yay.gif - so excited!

Indeed ! Many thanks for my Schumann which arrived a short while ago. I can't begin to imagine how long all of that must have taken, KJ.

#8 Dulcet

Dulcet

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts
  • Member: 112579

Posted 07 February 2012 - 18:45

QUOTE(katyjay @ Feb 7 2012, 01:21 PM) View Post

I'm glad your music has arrived, HelenVJ. Hopefully everyone else's will be with them soon.

Having been asked by a number of recipients, I've now decided that rather than reimbursing me for postage, I'd prefer it if people who wish to do that would instead make a donation to either the British Heart Foundation or a charity of their own choice.

biggrin.gif

Are the Creations still available? I need to check which edition is preferred, but yes please to at least one!

#9 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16152 posts
  • North Surrey

Posted 07 February 2012 - 19:28

QUOTE(Dulcet @ Feb 7 2012, 06:45 PM) View Post

QUOTE(katyjay @ Feb 7 2012, 01:21 PM) View Post

biggrin.gif

Are the Creations still available? I need to check which edition is preferred, but yes please to at least one!

Yes, they are. PM me with your preference and address and I'll pop one in the post to you.

#10 Little Elf

Little Elf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Member: 60592

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:56

my goodies were waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday smile.gif

thanks muchly katyjay