Lee King

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Member: 405979
  • Das Land ohne Musik

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:01

I've just been in the 'under the bonnet' section of Youtube and it is quite detailed, you can make all manner of changes and configurations to one's account......except it seems to the one aspect of said account that I want to make changes to...that being the 'recommendations' section, as I'm getting all manner of totally irrelevant videos 'recommended by Youtube' and if I delete them from the page, they only come back when I reload it.

Does anyone know how it's done???Thanks in advance.

#2 Lee King

Lee King

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Das Land ohne Musik

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:49

QUOTE(Lee King @ Mar 5 2012, 09:01 AM) View Post

I've just been in the 'under the bonnet' section of Youtube and it is quite detailed, you can make all manner of changes and configurations to one's account......except it seems to the one aspect of said account that I want to make changes to...that being the 'recommendations' section, as I'm getting all manner of totally irrelevant videos 'recommended by Youtube' and if I delete them from the page, they only come back when I reload it.

Actually I think I May have sorted it by clearing my viewing history, the reccomendations have gone too.

#3 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:42

You've probably already found it by the looks of the above, but in case it isn't the same -

https://www.eff.org/...cy-takes-effect

http://www.gizmodo.c...search-history/

#4 Lee King

Lee King

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Das Land ohne Musik

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:49

yeah I have thanks anyway corenfa.

#5 Guest: VH2_*

Guest: VH2_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:55

In similar vein, how do I stop Amazon from giving me hundreds of pointless (and annoying) recommendations. I am quite capable of searching for what I want.

#6 linda.ff

linda.ff

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5026 posts
  • Member: 183500

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:52

QUOTE(VH2 @ Mar 6 2012, 10:55 AM) View Post

In similar vein, how do I stop Amazon from giving me hundreds of pointless (and annoying) recommendations. I am quite capable of searching for what I want.

I'm sure, like me, you're quite capable of ignoring them too!

Sometimes, if I'm not in a hurry, I do skim through them, and just occasionally I find something which I wouldn't have known about wnd which looks like a good idea. I don't completely denigrate these "If you like this, you may like these" and "people who bought this also bought these" sections, sometimes they're useful, and I've learnt not to take them personally