A shortened version of the Forums Rules is given below. The full version can be found here.
By maintaining a user account and by posting to these forums, you hereby agree to abide by these rules.
FORUMS RULES - A SNAPSHOT
- Stay safe - protect your privacy and respect the privacy of others
- No abusive, offensive or aggressive postings
- No insults or personal attacks
- No foul language
- No trolling
- No inappropriate or illegal material
- No advertising (including "For Sale" or "Wanted" adverts)
- No crossposting
- No forum spamming
- No defamatory comments
- Avoid using jargon, abbreviations or "text talk"
Mar 8 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined: 10-July 07
From: Weston s Mare Somerset
Member No.: 13010
Hi I am having trouble with reading piano music a bar or so ahead. I play a bar, but my eyes do not move quickly enough ahead, so my timing is out. My teacher has tried covering the notes that I have just played to make me look ahead but not successful really yet.
My teacher who is very well qualified says she is 3 bars ahead which seems to me to be impossible!
I am only grade 3/4 but in theory grade 6.
So I am not daft (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fruitcake.gif)
Mar 8 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined: 31-October 03
Member No.: 24
I'm somewhat above that but the problem I have when consciously trying to read ahead is that I try to play the bar I'm looking at....
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 19th June 2013 - 03:26 AM|