3 replies to this topic

#1 dansab

dansab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Member: 391938

Posted 01 September 2012 - 20:12

In June I took my son to the exam centre in Camden and I remember seeing a child with a Grade 5 Theory revision guide. It seemed to be a workbook or maybe it just contained a summary of each topic studied. I am now thinking of entering my daughter for the exam and any material that could help consolidate her theory knowledge could be very useful, but unfortunately I haven't found the book on amazon or in my local music shop. Is anyone familiar with such a revision book? The child who had the book was oriental, so it may be that she bought it abroad.

#2 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4217 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 02 September 2012 - 16:48

welcome.gif to the forums, dansab. There is a revision book, by Rachel Billings. It's called Grade 5 Music Theory: Revision Book. Could that be the one you mean? Even if not, it might help your daughter.

#3 jm-hamilton

jm-hamilton

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2284 posts
  • Member: 2857
  • By the sea

Posted 02 September 2012 - 19:30

QUOTE(Misterioso @ Sep 2 2012, 05:48 PM) View Post

welcome.gif to the forums, dansab. There is a revision book, by Rachel Billings. It's called Grade 5 Music Theory: Revision Book. Could that be the one you mean? Even if not, it might help your daughter.

And I think this is the link to it - revision book

#4 dansab

dansab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Member: 391938

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:52

QUOTE(jm-hamilton @ Sep 2 2012, 08:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Misterioso @ Sep 2 2012, 05:48 PM) View Post

And I think this is the link to it - revision book

Thanks both. We'll give this a try.