#61 zizi

zizi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Member: 887331
  • UK

Posted 02 June 2017 - 13:01

I have had my first candidate for ARSM through, and will have another one in the next academic year. 

I teach quite a lot of teenage students, some doing GCSE / A level Music, and some aren't.  For the most post-Grade 8 students, DipABRSM or ATCL are  too high target to meet, and for this I welcome the arrival of ARSM.  For my candidate, I am pleased to say he passed with merit, this has been a pleasurable journey programming to show case his strength.  This smaller step to a diploma after Grade 8 approach suited him well, and it will suit my next candidate also as she will be in her final school year - A levels looming!

#62 Blackett and Howden

Blackett and Howden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Member: 893066

Posted 08 June 2017 - 17:47

I have my exam a week on Friday. Was able to practice on the exam piano during the examiner's lunch break yesterday, thanks to a friendly HLR, so hopefully will be more prepared as a result.

#63 Masanta

Masanta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Member: 33729

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:13

I have had my first candidate for ARSM through, and will have another one in the next academic year. 

I teach quite a lot of teenage students, some doing GCSE / A level Music, and some aren't.  For the most post-Grade 8 students, DipABRSM or ATCL are  too high target to meet, and for this I welcome the arrival of ARSM.  For my candidate, I am pleased to say he passed with merit, this has been a pleasurable journey programming to show case his strength.  This smaller step to a diploma after Grade 8 approach suited him well, and it will suit my next candidate also as she will be in her final school year - A levels looming!

Well done Zizi, How long did the results take to come back?

I am not sure if we should be expecting results with the rest of the session (2-4 weeks) or on a diploma timeframe of 3 months? The exam is on 27th June

#64 zizi

zizi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • UK

Posted 22 June 2017 - 14:34

Hi, Masanta.

The result came up on-line with my grade exam results.  So the time scales is a few weeks at the most.

The mark sheet and actual diploma came with grade stuff as well.

#65 Masanta

Masanta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Member: 33729

Posted 27 June 2017 - 20:28

Great! Thanks Zizi.

Her exam was today so good to know we shouldn't have too long to wait so long as head of music isn't on holiday when results come through lol. Wishing I had done her entry myself now with my students as I am impatient by nature haha but she wanted to take it at school. 

#66 Blackett and Howden

Blackett and Howden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:55

I got my result yesterday from my exam on the 16th June. Pleased to say I got a distinction. Over the moon with that result.

Hope you get your daughter's result soon, Masanta, and fingers crossed she gets an excellent result.

#67 zizi

zizi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • UK

Posted 18 July 2017 - 14:05

Congratulations!  Well done, B & H.  Be proud! :)

#68 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted Yesterday, 12:29

Great B&H! I looked at the initial videos of the exam that they posted and was daunted by the standard!

#69 mel2

mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4189 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted Yesterday, 13:00

Really pleased to hear about your excellent result, B&H. You took on the challenge and made a success of it. What now? :)

#70 Blackett and Howden

Blackett and Howden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:59

Thank you all. I suppose the standard is daunting compared to Grade 8, Dorfmouse, but it is also nowhere near as high as the DipABRSM. I had been working towards the higher diploma without success, so in my case I was taking a step back - but that didn't mean it was easy. As for next steps, I'm sure I will revisit the DipABRSM at some point, but for now I think I will concentrate on other things. Grade 7 organ beckons as well, and I want to develop my skills in accompanying rather than more performance exams.