#61 zizi

zizi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Member: 887331
  • UK

Posted 02 June 2017 - 13:01

I have had my first candidate for ARSM through, and will have another one in the next academic year. 

I teach quite a lot of teenage students, some doing GCSE / A level Music, and some aren't.  For the most post-Grade 8 students, DipABRSM or ATCL are  too high target to meet, and for this I welcome the arrival of ARSM.  For my candidate, I am pleased to say he passed with merit, this has been a pleasurable journey programming to show case his strength.  This smaller step to a diploma after Grade 8 approach suited him well, and it will suit my next candidate also as she will be in her final school year - A levels looming!

#62 Blackett and Howden

Blackett and Howden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Member: 893066

Posted 08 June 2017 - 17:47

I have my exam a week on Friday. Was able to practice on the exam piano during the examiner's lunch break yesterday, thanks to a friendly HLR, so hopefully will be more prepared as a result.

#63 Masanta

Masanta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Member: 33729

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:13

I have had my first candidate for ARSM through, and will have another one in the next academic year. 

I teach quite a lot of teenage students, some doing GCSE / A level Music, and some aren't.  For the most post-Grade 8 students, DipABRSM or ATCL are  too high target to meet, and for this I welcome the arrival of ARSM.  For my candidate, I am pleased to say he passed with merit, this has been a pleasurable journey programming to show case his strength.  This smaller step to a diploma after Grade 8 approach suited him well, and it will suit my next candidate also as she will be in her final school year - A levels looming!

Well done Zizi, How long did the results take to come back?

I am not sure if we should be expecting results with the rest of the session (2-4 weeks) or on a diploma timeframe of 3 months? The exam is on 27th June

#64 zizi

zizi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Member: 887331
  • UK

Posted 22 June 2017 - 14:34

Hi, Masanta.

The result came up on-line with my grade exam results.  So the time scales is a few weeks at the most.

The mark sheet and actual diploma came with grade stuff as well.