lubylu

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • Member: 522569
  • Dorset

Posted 16 March 2017 - 17:17

sbhoa, you should have come and said hello! Were you there with the one day wind ensemble course?

Chaia, that's funny that we didn't realise! I enjoyed the course but bigger numbers would have been good. Also less time drinking in the bar would probably have assisted in a higher standard of playing....for me at least!

Planning to go again in May.....must get on and book it!

#17 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22059 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 16 March 2017 - 17:29

sbhoa, you should have come and said hello! Were you there with the one day wind ensemble course?

Chaia, that's funny that we didn't realise! I enjoyed the course but bigger numbers would have been good. Also less time drinking in the bar would probably have assisted in a higher standard of playing....for me at least!

Yes, I was with them. 

#18 chaia

chaia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Member: 888455

Posted 16 March 2017 - 17:41

yes i had no idea. I was one of the 2nd violinists. There was a lot of drinking involved! Im thinking of going on one of the chamber music courses (one for individual entries) not sure which yet. The music listed for the film and show orchestra doesnt really appeal to me

#19 lubylu

lubylu

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • Member: 522569
  • Dorset

Posted 16 March 2017 - 21:06

I know who you are! Sounds scary eh?! It was a fun weekend and lovely to meet you.

I'm doing the small chamber music course at the end of May. Film/show music is really fun, I have sat through many of my children's concerts wishing I could join in! It's not for everyone though I guess.... My cello teacher plays in some of the London shows so hoping to get some tips from him!

#20 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5805 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:11

I'm interested, but with a full week summer school, not sure I can afford that as well