Tezes123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Member: 894783
  • Sevenoaks, Kent

Posted Yesterday, 12:24

Thanks Dumdidum, I agree a pass is a pass, I think I've got a few more grey hairs after waiting so long for results !! Have you had yours yet ?

I was better prepared for this exam than any previously, that's why it was disappointing for me because I made a mistake in the B piece and a mistake in the C, all other elements I thought had gone better than in any previous exam. I put a lot of extra work into this one and went in very confident however I wasn't impressed with the sound of the exam piano and once I'd made the above mistakes I knew anything above a merit was out of reach.
Nevertheless my A piece went really well with no hesitations or mistakes and yet I got the lowest score for that which is very puzzling. My scores for all the other sections were low too, I don't understand this at all it's very much at odds to previous marking.

So Eagerly waiting for the comments sheet to analyse and discuss with my teacher

Latinpianist I sympathise not sure what's going on this session

#152 dumdidum

dumdidum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Member: 488225
  • Mancland

Posted Yesterday, 12:59

Yes I posted on the adult learners thread ....

Passed with 122: pleasantly surprised as scales went v badly but pieces were generally OK (for me). It has taken me a long time to get round to Grade 4 though!

#153 Digby

Digby

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts
  • Member: 480

Posted Yesterday, 14:24

It does seem strange this session.... some are still awaiting results from March, whilst others have them back from 6th April. Maybe there are regional differences.

I haven't had the certificate from 6th April though. 

#154 Tezes123

Tezes123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Member: 894783
  • Sevenoaks, Kent

Posted Yesterday, 17:18

Oh that's a brilliant result Dumdidum :)

#155 Grace Notes

Grace Notes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Member: 888142

Posted Yesterday, 17:30

Well done, Dumdidum! Glad to see a few results trickling in today and putting some more candidates (and teachers!) out of their misery. Still nothing here....

#156 susiejean

susiejean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Member: 10392
  • Aberdeenshire

Posted Yesterday, 21:14

This was what I got back, finally, a day AFTER my results had gone online and more than a week after I contacted them. Not keen on either the tone or the insinuation that we should expect results before 4 weeks. When did this change?
Dear Mrs Low

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that when you phoned you were told that your results would be available on Monday 10 April; I am sure it was more a case of an inexperienced member of staff than someone trying to mislead you. We do try to issue results as quickly as possible, but our timetable is to process them by four weeks after the exam week and that is the information that should have been relayed to you. Again, I apologise if you felt the second person you spoke to was unpleasant; I regularly monitor how our phone staff are dealing with calls and have not noticed any curt or unhelpful responses from staff, but I will pay extra attention in future.

I have checked our records and see that the results were issued on 18 April and would have been sent by First Class Post on the same day.

Kind regards

#157 bevpiano

bevpiano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Member: 7837
  • hertfordshire

Posted Yesterday, 22:47

I only had one Abrsm candidate this time and the result came online 10 days later (although the email took another couple of weeks). She was early in the session, so perhaps they weren't so busy then. Merit for grade 2, which is what I would have expected, except that the girl said the exam was a complete disaster and she was sure she'd failed, so we were very pleased.
Most of my pupils did trinity this term. I joined 2 other teachers for a visit and, as we are now a private centre, the examiner handed us the results when he left at lunchtime. Everyone got merit or distinction and it was lovely being able to tell them straightaway.

#158 jenny

jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Stoneclough

Posted Today, 06:50

I apologise if you felt the second person you spoke to was unpleasant; I regularly monitor how our phone staff are dealing with calls and have not noticed any curt or unhelpful responses from staff, but I will pay extra attention in future.

I find this sentence particularly patronising....

#159 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1846 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted Today, 07:20

I apologise if you felt the second person you spoke to was unpleasant; I regularly monitor how our phone staff are dealing with calls and have not noticed any curt or unhelpful responses from staff, but I will pay extra attention in future.

I find this sentence particularly patronising....

Ooh yes. 'I apologise but...' is never a good look. Always makes me cringe.

There seems to have been a lot of muddle this session, with results coming online long after they've ben received (which has happened to me in the past too), emails arriving late and so on. It would perhaps have been helpful if someone had come on to the forum to offer their sympathy and an explanation, and a vow to do better! It's not as if they're doing their customers a favour!

#160 Singing_Jennie

Singing_Jennie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Member: 889126

Posted Today, 09:45

I've still not had mine from the 3rd April.. two nervous grade one piano students, a fairly competent grade 2 piano student and an adult who persuaded me she would definitely be ready for her grade 2, but really wasn't..

We used the Chester venue and had two examiners (one was training), so wondering if that's caused the delay..

#161 jpiano

jpiano

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • Member: 1270

Posted Today, 12:01

Still waiting for result for pupil from exam 5th April. It's still within the timeframe for results ABRSM that published but it does seem strange that so many of us are experiencing a much longer wait than usual. There has to be a reason for this- it would be useful to know what that is- it would save our and AB's time in phone calls  and also complaints.