Tezes123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Member: 894783
  • Sevenoaks, Kent

Posted 27 April 2017 - 22:31

Oh that poor child, I feel so sorry for anyone who is still waiting for results, it's absolute agony for all concerned and the doubts that creep in.

Come on AB we pay a lot of money for this service - not good enough this session, grrrrrrr

BTW I had a chance to go through my exam mark sheet with my teacher this morning, in summary she said the examiners comments are very subjective and inconsistent with the scores given.

I feel sooooo much better after talking it through with her, she's a brilliant teacher with 40+ years experience - she told me that she's not concerned with my exam result and is very happy with my progress, so that's good enough for me :)

#168 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Member: 711500

Posted Yesterday, 07:26

she told me that she's not concerned with my exam result and is very happy with my progress, so that's good enough for me :)[/quote]

Before my students take their exams, I always tell them that they should pass- if I think they might fail, I do tell them that too- if they perform at their best, they may achieve a merit or distinction, but really the result doesn't matter, it's the working for the exam that counts. My grade 3 totally unexpected failure took it well and was as mystified as I was. And we're moving on. And my grade 3 that shouldn't have passed but did will not be moving on very quickly. I don't want students to feel the exam is very important. So if the result hasn't arrived, it doesn't actually affect anything.That doesn't mean that I personally don't feel annoyed when results are erratic, but I try not to let it show too much.

#169 Grace Notes

Grace Notes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Member: 888142

Posted Yesterday, 07:45

Agreed. I am so conscious of what a snapshot the exam is and always tell my students that I know how well they play,, I am hugely proud of them for the journey they have had in getting to this point, and that their exam result will not alter my opinion. I really try to underline that they could take the exam 5 times on the same day and could quite possibly receive 5 very different results. It is an assessment of how they preform for a matter of minutes in a very pressurised situation.

Sadly, that does not seem to alleviate the pressure the candidates put on themselves in this results-driven world! But that's another thread...... :-))

#170 Grace Notes

Grace Notes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Member: 888142

Posted Yesterday, 16:57

Sigh.... still nothing.

Slightly concerned that, when I called again, they could not actually be located!

#171 zizi

zizi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Member: 887331
  • UK

Posted Yesterday, 17:23

Mine hasn't arrived, yet, as well.  But it has only been 3 weeks since the exam (7th April).  I remember the days when the results took longer, so I am not really worried about it being not published yet.  I rather have the results which are "just right" for the candidates; no subjective and too much negative comments. 

I would like to say that the closing date for this session is approaching rapidly and if any of my candidates needed to "re-take" this term, there is not much time to think...

Hmmm...

#172 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6068 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted Yesterday, 22:02

Mine hasn't arrived, yet, as well.  But it has only been 3 weeks since the exam (7th April).  I remember the days when the results took longer, so I am not really worried about it being not published yet.  I rather have the results which are "just right" for the candidates; no subjective and too much negative comments. 

I would like to say that the closing date for this session is approaching rapidly and if any of my candidates needed to "re-take" this term, there is not much time to think...

Hmmm...

I would ring the board and point this out.