#16 sopsaxharpflute

sopsaxharpflute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Member: 889297
  • The Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2017 - 14:13

Oh, well, I am not sure what you mean by trigger finger, but I still tend curl up my fingers  2 and 3 now and then. My harp teacher might call it, very cute,  little rabbits (they mimic the ears of a rabbit). So, at least you are not the only one!

#17 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2017 - 20:18

Mine is a one-eared rabbit. ???? ????

#18 sopsaxharpflute

sopsaxharpflute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • The Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:24

Mine is a one-eared rabbit. ???? ????

Lucky you! ;)

#19 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Germany

Posted 28 May 2017 - 17:49

I see it's nearly two months since I started so passing things in review:

Am gradually taming the bad bunny though he's still irritatingly determined to pop up his one ear
Right hand is working quite nimbly and can place quite nicely
Left hand is still stodgy in comparison
Hands together coordination is frustrating and anything involving changes in position or placing in both hands causes brain freezes. Am slowly learning to judge what is doable at this stage, and it's not what looks easy to a pianist! So I keep going with the baby arrangements in the tutor book. By chance I came across Grandjany and Weidensaul's First Grade pieces for Harp yesterday and bought them on an impulse and am pleased - clever little pieces, the first ones just using one or two notes but very tunefully and surprisingly satisfying!

Bought Deborah Friou's harp exercises and finding them really good. Clear printing, nice spiral binding. Most of the exercises are written out in minims or quavers, which is much less daunting to see than masses of semiquavers, but of course they can be brought up to any speed eventually. So far they are really helping me concentrate on hand position, and keeping hands level. Hopefully the speed and agility will happen later!

I am waiting for the Pamela Bruner to be delivered but will have to see when I'm ready to start it.

Paaaaatience!!

#20 sopsaxharpflute

sopsaxharpflute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • The Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2017 - 15:03

I love Friou's Harp Exercises too. The great thing about them, is that they keep you busy for years and years. 

Which book(s) of Pamela Bruner did you buy? Her Play the Harp Beautifully 1 or 2 and/or maybe even 3?

#21 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Germany

Posted 29 May 2017 - 15:37

Hi, just book 2. Waiting for it to arrive still!