34 replies to this topic

#31 MusicMatters!

MusicMatters!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Member: 897542

Posted 11 May 2017 - 20:19

I just adore the piano line of Sleep, its so full of yearning...almost sounds like the piano is crying.
Looking forward to listening to them tomorrow :wub:

One of my favourite songs to play on the piano.

:D

#32 MusicMatters!

MusicMatters!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 20:38

Today, I finally got round to listening to the backing tracks for Blow, Blow Thy winter wind..The Crucifixion and Sleep. 

Everything started to come together nicely as I sung through a few phrases. I love that moment but I've to be careful now not to rush it! Still lots to be done:  lining up the rhythms, breathing, tone colour, dynamics, expression...the list goes on, but isn't it such fun! :rofl:

#33 MusicMatters!

MusicMatters!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 21:17

Having a bit of back trouble. Will have to give the singing a break for a little while  :rofl:

#34 Sandra Soprano

Sandra Soprano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Member: 896028

Posted Yesterday, 14:31

Hello MusicMatters,

I'm new too. I posted once quite a few months ago. I'm so pleased you are able to spend lots of time choosing your repertoire. I took my DipABRSM on the weekend. Reading some of the replies you have, especially the ones about programme balance, I'm thinking this may count against me as far as marks are concerned. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about that now. I thought I'd post my repertoire choices here in case it helps. I'm a soprano too and I love florid singing. In order, my pieces were: Mozart's Batti Batti, Handel's As When The Dove, Faure's Apres un Reve, (I'm not sure how to produce accents using this software), Bach's Quia Respexit, Puccini's O Mio Babbino Caro, Vivaldi's Domine Deus, Schumann's Roselein Roselein, Gurney's Sleep and Mozart's Alleluia.

I had done some work on roughly half of them some time ago and I had perormed O Mio Babbino Caro in public. Basically, any time gaps which were left were filled with pieces I liked the sound of. I know it is a premature question as I don't have my results yet but I was reading the LRSM repertoire lists. Does picking music from another voice type but keeping to the same diploma count as own choice music? I'm hoping it doesn't but perhaps it does? I hope everyone is enjoying their singing this summer but can take some vocal rest as well.

Sandra. www.sandragayer.com

#35 Sandra Soprano

Sandra Soprano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Member: 896028

Posted Yesterday, 14:38

Hello,

I also meant to ask this a moment ago. Would Hymn on Divine music by William Croft be considered difficult enough for LRSM?

Very best wishes,

Sandra.

www.sandragayer.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: singing diploma, dipabrsm, singing