ejw21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Member: 820271
  • Skipton, N Yorks

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:55

Is the Brexit issue meant to put a smokescreen over the stripping of benefits and the destruction of the health service?

+1 like from me.

There is much more to this election than just Brexit.

And another like from me. Corbyn was criticised for focusing on other issues than Brexit in his speech following the election announcement-I have some mixed feelings about Corbyn's leadership but think he's got a point here. This isn't to deny the importance of Brexit and especially the appalling way in which European nationals living in the UK and vice versa have become part of May's Brexit bargainning tools, but an awful amount of damage to benefits and the NHS has been able to slip through in the meantime.

Another +1 from me. 

#32 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6066 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 13:01

I can feel my blood pressure rising each time an MP is interviewed, or indeed anyone related to this election, doesn't have to be an MP.  There's so much misinformation being bandied about, and interviewers are not quick enough off the mark to challenge comments that might be inaccurate.  I wish politicians would answer the question they're asked, and give honest answers.

I shall have to limit my exposure to radio/TV interviews otherwise I shall find myself investigating the NHS more closely than I'd like.