Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Member: 71060
  • Sheffield

Posted 20 June 2017 - 14:00

On the bench with a G2 violin yesterday. Her tuning is always a bit dodgy, so hope she's got on alright.

Does anyone know where to find the dates when results should be published? Computer playing up and won't let me access the page.

Due out 3-10 July for this week.

#17 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5194 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 20 June 2017 - 14:51

On the bench with a G2 violin yesterday. Her tuning is always a bit dodgy, so hope she's got on alright.

Does anyone know where to find the dates when results should be published? Computer playing up and won't let me access the page.

Due out 3-10 July for this week.

Many thanks!  :)

#18 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6602 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 20 June 2017 - 20:31

Thank you very much all those above who were kind enough to congratulate me. Yes, I do have difficulties and this year has been a bit hard but as far as pupils are concerned I am very, very lucky. They are a super group of children.

#19 elliewelly

elliewelly

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts
  • Member: 4579

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:09

Well done, Aquarelle and pupils!

I forgot to mention my 21 Music Medals for this term.  10 are done and dusted, 5 more are taking place on Friday, and hopefully the remainder next week.

#20 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6115 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 21 June 2017 - 16:59

On the bench for a grade 3 piano - a very relaxed run up, she's worked hard, and insisted on this term, not last term. She deserves to do well.

#21 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41537 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 21 June 2017 - 19:52

On bench with one grade 1 flute and one grade 4 clarinet. Both were happy and both should do well.
Less sure about what's to come. A grade 1 flute who should do OK but has not appeared at her last two lessons, another grade 1 who should pass, but maybe not as well as she hopes without more work, a grade 3 flute with OK pieces, OK aural and not bad sight reading, but absolutely rancid scales, and a grade 2 clarinet who has also missed his last two lessons, and has headed backwards since entry, when he was basically ready. Now, that could really be a problem...

Waaaaaaah!

#22 PianoNotes

PianoNotes

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Member: 87217

Posted 23 June 2017 - 20:46

Congratulations, Aquarelle.   

This is my first time on the bench with a grade 1 piano pupil, who took his exam on Tuesday.   He was ready for his exam.  Exciting and scary at the same time for me.   

Just about remembered my log in details, and must update my, whatever the bit at the bottom is called.  

#23 jpiano

jpiano

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1874 posts
  • Member: 1270

Posted 23 June 2017 - 21:51

barry-clari, I do love your description of absolutely rancid scales! :rofl:

#24 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6115 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 22:05

On the bench for a grade 3 piano - a very relaxed run up, she's worked hard, and insisted on this term, not last term. She deserves to do well.

A good merit has materialised - really speedy turn around from Trinity. :D  :clap: 

Next I've 2 slightly more dodgy candidates in July.  Still working on them! :ninja: 

#25 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6602 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:34

Well done hedgehog and everyone!

#26 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 24 June 2017 - 13:20

Lots of good results. Well done to all.

The boy should just have come out of his grade 8 singing. It feels very weird not to be there, and I don't suppose he'll text to say how it went. In the last few weeks I was getting slightly cryptic emails from his teacher saying, 'He knows his songs but..' Fingers crossed!

#27 linda.ff

linda.ff

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7624 posts
  • Member: 183500
  • Cambridge

Posted 24 June 2017 - 22:50

ABRSM grade 3 yesterday. Only two terms since she took grade 2, and has missed out on what I thought was a deserved merit for the first two grades. We knew sight-reading would be a fail, but I was concerned about her scales. Mother told me she had told her that her scales were good; I said they weren't as good as she thought they were. Her aural is excellent, and two, at least, of her pieces are very musically played.

Anyway, she came out of the exam and immediately buried her face in Dad's tummy, then walked away slightly without saying anything. Then turned round and said it had gone fine. I do wonder, after that body language, if she's putting a brave face on it.

Tomorrow Trinity grades 1 (too floppy by half) grade 3 (has worked very hard indeed, scales excellent, pieces rather mechanical, aural weak) and grade 4 (scales excellent, aural excellent, general knowledge very sound, pieces careless)

And a LCM Step 2 some time next month, still not given us a date.