Did no music practice over the weekend, despite the best of intentions. However, over the weekend I did manage to:
* Replenish mother's cat food cupboard, so when she gets back home she won't have to rush out for cat food.
* Post a couple of letters at the post office.
* Go in to town and do a few necessarry bits and pieces, including collecting dry cleaning and acquiring a headset for my computer so I can attend online tutorials for my new OU course.
* Started new OU course!
* Got lots of washing done, and dried, and put away.
* Cleaned the bathroom.
* Looked over bike and pumped up tires ready for a new week.
* Cleaned out the vermin cage.
* Demolished half of our front hedge single-handed with electric hedge-trimmer.
* Demolished remainder of front hedge manually with saw, with assistance of husband.
* Cut up the hedge remnants so they can fit in to garden waste bin.
* Filled garden waste bin. Got the step ladder and got in
bin to squish all the stuff down. Repeated.
* Filled mother's garden waste bin
* Fixed extension cable which had had the live wire come loose from all that hedge trimming.
* Mowed the back lawn (front lawn inaccessible due to hedge remnants that need to be chopped up this week in my lunch breaks - to be stored in trugs, and then be transferred to garden waste bin(s) once emptied on Friday!)
* Harvested lots of apples, and found recipes for crumble and apple/cheese-y bread.
None of which is a huge achievement, and many of which are regular things. It's just rarely do they all fall due on the same weekend. And my husband was working all day on Saturday, so I didn't get to split the tasks with another person. He did help lots with the hedge on Sunday, but understandably he also wanted to do not-much chores-wise, in order to actually have some 'time off'.
It's no wonder I ache a bit and could do with a good sleep (hydration/heat hasn't helped, am furiously guzzling water and convincing self I don't have any early-migraine-symptoms...!)