We're trying to decide whether to make the push and put DS in for G5 this July. The exam entry deadline is 6th June and he only has one more lesson with Teach before then. Exams are w/c 18 July so about 9 weeks away. Teach told him today that he has a lot to learn and should wait a term, despite also saying that 2 G5 pieces are already very good. But Teach said exactly the same about the G4 and 2 weeks later said DS should be OK to take it (he got a Distinction).
As the Mum in all this, I look at DS' whole schedule. We're planning for him to apply for the NCO, so an audition in the autumn may be on the cards. Plus Teach wants him to do G5 theory this year. Also DS will also be sitting School Entrance exams around Christmas. Obviously this will be very stressful and could affect his result in the G5. But on the other hand I'm worried that if he took it in July and didn't do as well as he's used to then he may be disappointed.
Anyway, my main question at the moment is - does the result at G5 have a major impact on future opportunities?
I can feel a headache coming on ..... MNW's Pimms is sounding better by the day!