Helpdesk may be partially forgiven. It seems it went like this:
* Maizie reports problem.
* Helpdesk level one correctly passes it on to level two.
* Helpdesk level one can't see the ticket as being passed on in their system.
* Helpdesk level one passes it on again.
* Helpdesk level two reply to the second
ticket that it is a duplicate, and to see the refreshed listings the Helpdesk level one person should log out and log in again.
* Helpdesk level one person passes that message back to Maizie as resolution, completely missing the fact that it was a solution to their duplication, not Maizie's original problem.
Doesn't get me any further, but am amused that it's not just me dealing with the difficulties of Helpdesk level one