i think i failed. *sigh*
here's my programme:
prelude & fugue in f# minor - JS Bach
'pathetique' sonata no. 8 - Beethoven
impromptu in G flat - Schubert
Hungarian dance No 149 & No. 153 - Bartok
here are some of my viva voce questions..
1) what is a subject?
2) show me where it comes in throughout the fugue
3) what are Beethoven's other works in C minor?
4) what sort of character in conveyed in the Pathetique?
5) how did the harpsichord work?
6) tell us about Bartok?
7) why did he like folk music?
8) how did he research folk music?
9) explain the rondo form
10) how did you manage to bring out the melody in Schubert's impromptu?
this is roughly what i remember..
i made SO MANY mistakes. slips in ALL the pieces. and in beethoven's pathetique sonata I stopped for more than 3 seconds :'( sigh... something went wrong that day. halfway through my pieces i almost gave up. i think it was the piano..
any chance i can actually pass?
one question.. which part of the exam consists of 50 marks and has the passing mark of 24?