Here are the details for the (7th) ABRSM Platinum Blend Cafe Awards 2011:
Sunday 31st July
Time Of First Category Launch:
Rules & Regulations
- To vote, you need to PM me (or whoever's in charge) your votes using the messaging tool in 'My Controls'. If you have my email address or are friends with me on Facebook, you can send me your votes in either of those methods instead if you prefer. You can vote for up to ten people. Please rank your nominees in order so I (or whoever's in charge) knows how many points to give them.
- You are not allowed to vote for yourself, as it is not fair for everyone else. If you do vote for yourself, your vote will not count. [This rule also applies to the Best Couple category]
- Please only vote for those people who have posted in the past year - the past year being from the 31st July 2010 onwards.
- Please try not to announce who you are going to vote for in the public domain as it defeats the object of private messaging.
- While the Best Signature and Best Profile Photo categories are running, please stick to your signature/profile photo (if you read this) during the week. If you decide to change it while the PMing votes week is still on, it would not be fair for everyone else if you suddenly win or come close to winning, plus you may even disadvantage your chances of winning in the process.
- For the Most Sensible, Supportive, Cheerful and Humorous Poster categories, only vote for those users who are normally sensible, supportive, cheerful or humorous all the time, all year round, and not just clowning about frequently during or near voting time.
- For the Best Newbie category, a 'newbie' is any new member whose member number is 115284 or above (based on last year's voting).
For a list of those members who are eligible for this category:
- Click on Members at the top of the page
- Go to 'Toggle More Options'
- Where it says 'Join date', you will need to search for those members who joined more than the 07-21-2010
- At the bottom of the page, you will need to search for all members by total posts in descending order with 50 results per page. Click on 'Go'.
- If you are planning to go away (e.g. on holiday) and want to send your votes for the category(/ies) you will miss, please let me know beforehand.
Here is the proposed running order of this year's categories:
| No. | Category | Dates of PM voting | Who to PM | Winner(s)|
1. Most Sensible Poster - 31st July-7th August - Car Expert - katyjay
2. Most Cheerful Poster - 7th-14th August - Car Expert - barry-clari
3. Best Signature - 14th-21st August - Car Expert - wendywoo
4. Most Useful Poster - 21st-28th August - Car Expert - Cyrilla
5. Best Profile Photo - 28th August-4th September - Car Expert - Car Expert / katica
6. Most Enjoyable Poster - 4th-11th September - Car Expert - Bagpuss
7. Best Username - 11th-18th September - Car Expert - PianissiMole
8. Best Newbie - 18th-25th September - Car Expert - ChristopherO
9. Best Couple - 25th September-2nd October - Car Expert - Bagpuss & Cyrilla
10.1. Best Looking Male - 2nd-9th October - Floss - stetenorve
10.2. Best Looking Female - 2nd-9th October - Car Expert - Bagpuss
11. Most Supportive Person - 9th-16th October - Car Expert - barry-clari
12. Most Humorous Poster (The Clavicembalo Award) - 16th-23rd October - Car Expert - carol*piano
13. Member Of The Year - 23rd-30th October - Car Expert - barry-clari
[Note: The list is subject to change]Another award will be handed out to the member who receives the most PM points during the course of the fourteen categories.
For those who are new to the awards, and want to take part this year, this is how the awards process works:
- A thread will be published every week for each category in the Forums Cafe to inform people they are allowed to vote. All you need to do is to PM/email the person in charge with your votes (you can vote for up to ten people), and the votes will be recorded in a league table.
- The points system is: 1st = 10 points | 2nd = 9 points | 3rd = 8 points | 4th = 7 points | 5th = 6 points | 6th = 5 points | 7th = 4 points | 8th = 3 points | 9th = 2 points | 10th = 1 point
- If for example, you only vote for one person, they get 10 points. If you vote for two people, 1st will get 10 points and 2nd will get 9 points, and so on.
- The league table for each category will be published periodically throughout the week. However, the number of times this will occur will depend on the number of sets of PM votes received after each update.
- After a week, a final league table will be posted on the thread, with the winner(s) being announced usually at around 2130 BST on Sunday evening (unless stated otherwise).
- At the same time, voting for the next category is introduced. This process will be repeated until all the categories have been completed.
- In the event of a tie, the members at the top of the league table will share the award as joint winners.
- Once all categories have been done and a winner is announced for each, there will be an awards ceremony (date to be confirmed). This is where all the winners virtually collect their award(s).
- Main Awards Thread, with links to separate awards threads
- Awards Ceremony preparation (from 2009)
- Awards Ceremony itself (from 2009)
I will be monitoring most of the categories, but if I'm not here, someone else will monitor them in my absence.