QUOTE(Pixie*Porsche @ Apr 22 2012, 11:11 AM)
I said I wanted to come to this event AGES ago!
Sooooo a few questions:
1. Do you need accompanists? I have lots of experience with my own pupils and can sightread well up to about Grade 5 standard, 6 on a good day but would prefer I receive pieces beforehand, especially if more difficult than Grade 5 standard, is this possible?
I'll know exactly how I'm fixed for accompanists when I have applications in. The plan is that people get their music to accompanists at least 3 weeks before the event and sooner if possible. Thanks for your offer, I have you pencilled in as an accompanist.
2. Can we play solos on multiple instruments? E.g. one on piano, one on clarinet / saxophone?
3. Any time limit for solos?
The time limit is 5 minutes and you can split this between instruments if you like.
4. Anyone need a clarinettist / alto saxophonist or pianist to form an ensemble?
I have some slots reserved for pre arranged small ensembles. Playing in one of these does not mean you've given up your solo slot though some more nervous people prefer to play a duet as their solo slot. As with all slots these will be allocated on a first come first served basis. There will be time for informal ensemble playing during the morning and Ican let you know what instruments we have nearer the time.
5. Can I tell / invite an adult pupil of mine?
Absolutely. This is open to non forum people too.
6. Is there a good amount of parking?