- want to learn the basics of vocal health and technique?
- want to avoid vocal fatigue/voice loss at work?
- wish you had a richer voice?
- want to sing without developing dryness or nodules?
- want to learn the difference between a ‘classical sound’ and a ‘gospel sound’?
- want to develop your musical skills, knowledge and understanding?
- want to learn to sight-sing?
- want to improve ensemble singing skills (tuning, intonation, rhythm)?
- want to learn more about the gospel singing idiom?
If you've answered 'yes' to any of these, then you may be interested in the first course organised by The Phoenix Collective - 'The Holistic Voice'.
This will run in South London on 30th-31st March 2019 and it will comprise Alexander Technique (Kathy Hulme), Vocal Technique (Allan Hubert-Wright), Kodály Musicianship (Cyrilla Rowsell and others) and Gospel Singing (Ken Burton). All are well-known and experienced in their respective fields.
The course will also feature an evening concert by Ken's award-winning London Adventist Chorale. Ken is known particularly for his work on Songs of Praise and has appeared on many choral programmes.
For more information and how to book (Early Bird rate until 31st January) please go to www.thephoenixcollective.co.uk and find out more about this group of musicians, all passionate about the arts, music and education.
We would love to welcome some forumites to this inaugural course!