jim palmer

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • Member: 28959
  • South London

Posted 05 December 2013 - 21:38

I haven't been able to see the normal post editing features for some weeks, and can't find any setting to help. Could someone tell me what to do? :)

Here's a screenshot: http://www.fileconvo...d083bdb0a778d63 of what I see when posting (click "open" so it will open in your browser window).

Looks like my laptop display, except that when you click in the box, which you seem to have done, the editing toolbar appears.

:unsure:

#542 Janne

Janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Member: 856648

Posted 05 December 2013 - 21:48

Jim, unfortunately doesn't work for me. :(

(I have clicked here to type.)

http://www.fileconvo...3b89a4085bdd9c2

(Edit: in the picture in the preview section there is slightly different wordings to the messages.)

#543 jim palmer

jim palmer

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • South London

Posted 05 December 2013 - 21:55

Jim, unfortunately doesn't work for me. :(

(I have clicked here to type.)

http://www.fileconvo...3b89a4085bdd9c2

You might find a little black arrow somewhere, it's top right of the box in my display, which displays the icons?

:unsure:

#544 Janne

Janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Member: 856648

Posted 05 December 2013 - 22:03

Again unfortunately, I can't find such an arrow. Is it visible in my screenshot?

#545 jim palmer

jim palmer

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • South London

Posted 05 December 2013 - 22:16

No, can't see it, I give up  :coffee:                                                                                                        little arrow       ^

#546 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6058 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 06 December 2013 - 00:45

Gosh, where do we start?

The log in thing is irritating, the home screen is too busy looking, the avatars by all the posts, with no option to turn them off (NOT impressed), updating my profile is not nearly as easy or straightforward as before...

Good to see you back!

The login thing appears to be variable... for a while on the old forum I had to log in every time then it inexplicably went away. On this forum I had no problems ever on the laptop, and a few problems on phone or tablet which also went away. 

If you have not already, do try clearing all your cookies set by abrsm.org. Sorry I don't know how to do it for most browsers but Google should be able to walk you through it. 

#547 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41731 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:48

Gosh, where do we start?

The log in thing is irritating, the home screen is too busy looking, the avatars by all the posts, with no option to turn them off (NOT impressed), updating my profile is not nearly as easy or straightforward as before...

Good to see you back!

The login thing appears to be variable... for a while on the old forum I had to log in every time then it inexplicably went away. On this forum I had no problems ever on the laptop, and a few problems on phone or tablet which also went away. 

If you have not already, do try clearing all your cookies set by abrsm.org. Sorry I don't know how to do it for most browsers but Google should be able to walk you through it. 

Thanks, corenfa : but I'm afraid clearing the cookies only temporarily cures the login woe : give it a couple of days or so, and the insidious cookies creep back, along with the login problems. :(

#548 EdGJ

EdGJ

Advanced Member

• ABRSM Super Mod
  • 338 posts
  • Member: 10724
  • London

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:52

Hi everyone,

I'm going to close this thread now (but will leave it visible and pinned for reference).

If you have any queries or further comments to make please do feel free to contact me directly via private message - and many thanks to all of you for your feedback, which has been invaluable. 

Thanks,

Ed