Frederic Chopin

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1899 posts
  • Member: 5637
  • Bristol, UK (via Zelazowa Wola)

Posted 12 April 2016 - 21:00

Thank you again to GillJ for organising another wonderful Lime Cake Eating Session (and highly successful concert too) :D

Such a wonderful variety of music and so lovely to see how much progress everyone has made in one year. Thank you to AnnC and sbhoa for allowing me to accompany them for this concert and it was really lovely meet up with old friends! :)

Looking forward to next year - and to a whole lime cake just for me...! :D

#2 GillJ

GillJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Member: 424861

Posted 12 April 2016 - 21:10

Thank you again to GillJ for organising another wonderful Lime Cake Eating Session (and highly successful concert too) :D
Such a wonderful variety of music and so lovely to see how much progress everyone has made in one year. Thank you to AnnC and sbhoa for allowing me to accompany them for this concert and it was really lovely meet up with old friends! :)
Looking forward to next year - and to a whole lime cake just for me...! :D

Thank you for coming Mr C! Really appreciate you taking time out of daddy duties to join us. I will make a note that we need two lime cakes next time!

#3 AnnC

AnnC

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3302 posts
  • Member: 6097

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:13

Thank you Mr C for accompanying me! I'm already thinking about songs for next year.......

Thank you Gill for organising it - I know how time consuming that is, and all the frustrations that go with it. It's such a wonderfully friendly, supportive afternoon.

And the lime cake - my friend was asking if we could have the recipe - I don't know if we can go another year without it! Although I doubt we would be able to produce such a fine specimen as you do! :notWorthy:

#4 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22863 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:15

Yes, thanks to Mr Chopin for the accompanying.  Maybe next year Weber? 

Cake and organisation wonderful as always and good so meet with everybody and enjoy the performances. Thanks.

#5 Frederic Chopin

Frederic Chopin

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 21:10

Thank you so much to Mr and Mrs GillJ again for organising today's event in Bristol. The lime cake was superb - consumed with much enthusiasm and pleasure! (The music was good too!) Well done to all who played - thank you, sbhoa! Mr GillJ ended the concert superbly - I hope I didn't spoil the Bristol Music Club floor when I started off the stamping at the end! Lol!

#6 AnnC

AnnC

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3302 posts
  • Member: 6097

Posted 23 April 2017 - 22:00

Glad it went well and so sorry I couldn't make it this year, but looking forward to next year's lime cake :)

#7 GillJ

GillJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:17

Thanks for coming Frederick Chopin...so pleased you could make it. I'm glad you enjoyed the cake and the grand music finale! Look forward to seeing you next time AnnC.

#8 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22863 posts
  • Tameside

Posted 24 April 2017 - 17:26

It was another good day. Thanks for being my orchestra Frederic Chopin, it was good to be able to give the Mozart an airing before the festival.

#9 Sylvette

Sylvette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Member: 895486
  • Gloucestershire, UK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:41

How do I find out about this in time for next year?

#10 GillJ

GillJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:59

Hi Sylvette, the last few Bristol events I've run have filled up without me needing to put it on the forum. I'm not sure when the next one will be but I shall put you on the list and let you know! Would be great if you could join us!

#11 GillJ

GillJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:01

It's a smaller event than Egham or Stalybridge with a maximum of 20 performers but longer playing time of 8 mins.

#12 Sylvette

Sylvette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Member: 895486
  • Gloucestershire, UK

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:06

Thanks, GillJ.  I'm not a very advanced player, but I do love to perform to an audience!

#13 Frederic Chopin

Frederic Chopin

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 20:21

Well, the next Bristol Lime Cake Festival is tomorrow - hope to see you all there for a cake munching session, with incidental music at the side! biggrin.png woot.gif wink.png

#14 GillJ

GillJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:17

Well, the next Bristol Lime Cake Festival is tomorrow - hope to see you all there for a cake munching session, with incidental music at the side! :D :woot: ;)

Thanks for coming yesterday Frederick Chopin....as always your accompanying was amazing! Hope the cake was as you had hoped for!
Thanks to other Forum members for coming too...Sbhoa, IanG and Gerald and Sharon whose Forum names I don't know! Thanks for making the trip in the dire weather!

#15 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22863 posts
  • Tameside

Posted 22 January 2018 - 16:55

Another good day. Thanks FC for being the third in our trio. At least one person appears to be under the impression that we play regularly together. :) 

Good organisation and amazing cake again Gill.