barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41697 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:07

Have fun everyone - really sorry I’m unable to join you all.

#32 katyjay

katyjay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16351 posts
  • Member: 275
  • North Surrey

Posted 18 February 2018 - 16:16

Dear everyone

I have updated the website with my letter from the programme yesterday, which explains my decision to stop holding these concerts.

It's been a fantastic 14 concerts, but now I think I've done my bit and I'm ready to let someone else take over....

#33 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41697 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 19 February 2018 - 14:43

Dear everyone

I have updated the website with my letter from the programme yesterday, which explains my decision to stop holding these concerts.

It's been a fantastic 14 concerts, but now I think I've done my bit and I'm ready to let someone else take over....

https://sites.google...thanks/farewell

I am not at all sure that you realise the amazing effect you’ve had on the musical community katyjay, and I for one wish to send you grateful thanks for all you’ve done over the years.

As I’m sure regular forum watchers will have realised, I’ve had to largely step back from events too, largely, and perhaps ironically, because of a substantial teaching contract I have in what might be termed ‘katyjay country’. Which I guess, thinking about it, can be traced indirectly back to forum activity, and thus back to katyjay. Even if she doesn’t know it (until now :lol: )

Katyjay - thank you. For everything :)