Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 22 September 2017 - 22:05

Very pleasant day today in The Great British Sewing Bee event in London.wub.png  Bought far too much sewing stuff, and learnt how to put in an invisible zip!! wub.png

#19397 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19581 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:24

Goodness, Aquarelle - you are braver than I. What a project!

I'm reminded of a Japanese hammock I bought from Habitat many years ago. The English instructions were an absolute joy. One phrase sticks in the memory ... 'Please to get together with the other two poles'. :-)

Wishing you good luck and success with your new machine.

#19398 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13996 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 23 September 2017 - 21:48

Seeing a very serious child with a dragon parent smile for the first time.

:) :) :)

#19399 Leese

Leese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Member: 893086
  • SE London

Posted 23 September 2017 - 22:05

My aurally-challenged student succesfully (if very quietly) singing back notes in the range tonic -> dominant in a couple of different patterns. Hurrah!

More frivolously, I have new boots and they're both awesome *and* comfortable. 

#19400 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6347 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 25 September 2017 - 13:49

Still smiling from last Monday on this one - I was walking along a bit of Hadrian's Wall, when an American gentleman walking the other way said "Your hair is wonderful!  It lights up the entire world!"  Which I am going to remember to tell my mother next time she gives me a back-handed compliment on it (e.g. "I do like the colour after it's faded for a couple of weeks")

Today's happy is positive work stuff - on the face of it, negative, as HR have said certain procedures need to be followed, which will include an application and an interview.  But I've effectively already spent two hours interviewingly-chatting to the person who'll be interviewing, and they are going to open the application to the most limited audience they can for the most limited timeframe they can - in the hopes that it results in there just being one candidate to 'interview' ;)

#19401 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5268 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 26 September 2017 - 16:02

Very pleasant day today in The Great British Sewing Bee event in London.wub.png  Bought far too much sewing stuff, and learnt how to put in an invisible zip!! wub.png

I'm very glad to hear The Great British Sewing Bee still exists. Are they planning another series soon? I have been eagerly anticipating it for eons, it seems.

#19402 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6199 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 26 September 2017 - 20:03

I'm very glad to hear The Great British Sewing Bee still exists. Are they planning another series soon? I have been eagerly anticipating it for eons, it seems.

When interviewed as part of the show, Patrick said talks were still going on, so we all cheered!

#19403 JudithJ

JudithJ

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • Member: 3307

Posted 28 September 2017 - 22:17

A mother messaged me tonight to say that her youngest son (who I have been teaching for a couple of months) played them "Frère Jacques today and we all knew what he was playing".

He is five years old, and we haven't done Frère Jacques together.

I think that I have a bright button on my hands!

#19404 Rach123

Rach123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Member: 244658
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 28 September 2017 - 23:17

What's made me happy (and slightly tipsy but i wont go into that) is an amazing gig by the parachute regiment army big band in my home town.

I met some nice people and caught up with some people i haven't seen for a while.

I'm currently drinking water and finding something to eat (trying to soak up the alcohol in my system) lol.

#19405 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19581 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:32

Exploring the Trinity exam booking system for the first time.

:-D

#19406 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22260 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:51

Exploring the Trinity exam booking system for the first time.

:-D

I just post the form to the local rep. and include any requests for avoiding times/days my students can't do or would find particularly difficult. This session I need to ask that if the exams are on the Saturday they are before 4pm as the parents own a restaurant and need to be back to prepare for evening opening.

#19407 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5268 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 30 September 2017 - 13:07

A miserable end to a miserable week. sad.png

Parking in the dark late late last night to "do my bit" for the community, I clipped someone's Mercedes. It should be sorted out amicably, but 'twill cost us.

Please can I have a nice week next week - especially as it's my birthday?unsure.png

Edit: There's another snag - this should have been in the Aaaagh thread, but my head is not in the right place this week.

#19408 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16604 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 30 September 2017 - 13:28

A miserable end to a miserable week. sad.png

Parking in the dark late late last night to "do my bit" for the community, I clipped someone's Mercedes. It should be sorted out amicably, but 'twill cost us.

Please can I have a nice week next week - especially as it's my birthday?unsure.png

Edit: There's another snag - this should have been in the Aaaagh thread, but my head is not in the right place this week.

grouphug.gif

#19409 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6739 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:17

Another hug misterioso.  I know exactly how you feel about having one's head in the rightp lace. Mine has been wandering around quite a lot recently!

#19410 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13996 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 02 October 2017 - 22:44

Receiving the new CD from Home Free - 'Timeless'.   Unfortunately I had to pay nearly £26 in handling fee/customs charges on top of the CD price (5 copies of the deluxe version, autographed biggrin.png)   ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png