Photo

Gah ..... "Thank you for taking the time to contact us ....

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Minstrel

Minstrel

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • Member: 9268

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:00

.... Your call is being held in a queue ....

Dear ABRSM,
I've been on hold for over an hour trying to get hold of someone in connection with my students' exams ( you have given me the one day when all my students are away on an area music event ) .

I know this is a busy time for everyone , but please can someone pick up soon ?

On the plus side, the music is somewhat better than the usual call centre rubbish.

Thankyou
Frustrated Minstrel

#2 elemimele

elemimele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Member: 895612

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:28

would you say that the "please-hold-on-all-our-representatives-are-currently-busy" music kept going, the rhythms were mostly correct, and included dynamics? Was the intonation basically secure?

#3 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3687 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:32

would you say that the "please-hold-on-all-our-representatives-are-currently-busy" music kept going, the rhythms were mostly correct, and included dynamics? Was the intonation basically secure?

:D

#4 Minstrel

Minstrel

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1171 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:34

Tried again ( for another hour ) after lunch.
I'm feeling rather unwanted. I mix and match between Trinity and ABRSM , and this is not doing anything to persuade me to use ABRSM more.

The elves who are practicing while I'm on hold must be getting really good with all their dedication and repetition .....

#5 adagiok5

adagiok5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Member: 1763
  • Hampshire

Posted 04 June 2018 - 14:34

I rang this morning at 8.30. I got an answer after 45 minutes. Fortunately I managed to change my pupil's day and time due to the pupil being away the week of the exam.

Don't give up there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The music on the phone is Debussy's Doctor Gradus Ad Parnassum from 'The Childrens Corner'. I heard it every day last week whilst trying to speak to someone.

#6 pianoliz

pianoliz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Member: 892887

Posted 04 June 2018 - 19:17

Took me 30 minutes or so to get through this morning....I hadn’t received my exam dates and wanted to check....thankfully arrived this afternoon for the requested week.

#7 willobie

willobie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Member: 4110
  • Nottinghamshire

Posted 04 June 2018 - 21:56

I will have to face this tomorrow - I have been give appointments after my last available days...

sad.png

#8 DMC

DMC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Member: 477382

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:34

I spent over an hour on hold yesterday at 9am and still didn't get through. Tried emailing and facebooking too.

This is really poor. The service has regressed. You used to be able to just phone up and get straight through to your local region and get things amended in a matter of 2 or 3 mins. 

I'm back on hold again now,

What did they change to make it so bad?!

#9 willobie

willobie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Member: 4110
  • Nottinghamshire

Posted 05 June 2018 - 18:38

I was on hold for a mere 20 minutes - and they managed to move all three candidates to the previous week!  The lady on the phone did say that I was the luckiest person they had had all day...

#10 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22753 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 05 June 2018 - 18:48

I was on hold for a mere 20 minutes - and they managed to move all three candidates to the previous week!  The lady on the phone did say that I was the luckiest person they had had all day...

I would have expected either a move or a refund!!

#11 Minstrel

Minstrel

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1171 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 21:21

Dear ABRSM,
Not-thank you for not phoning or emailing me back today , as promised yesterday.

Still-waiting-and-increasingly-disappointed-Minstrel

#12 adagiok5

adagiok5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Hampshire

Posted 05 June 2018 - 22:10

Minstrel[/quote]

Dear ABRSM,
Not-thank you for not phoning or emailing me back today , as promised yesterday.
Still-waiting-and-increasingly-disappointed-Minstrel
What time are you phoning Minstrel? I have found that if I ring at 8.30 as soon as the phone lines are open i do get an answer even if it does mean waiting for 46 minutes

#13 adagiok5

adagiok5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Hampshire

Posted 05 June 2018 - 22:18

I spent over an

This is really poor. The service has regressed. You used to be able to just phone up and get straight through to your local region and get things amended in a matter of 2 or 3 mins.

I'm back on hold again now,

What did they change to make it so bad?!

I remember that the answer message would ask you which region you wanted

#14 jpiano

jpiano

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts
  • Member: 1270

Posted 05 June 2018 - 22:19

I got what I considered a rather rude and curt email reply from ABRSM this term. I'd sent an email to them at the time of entering one of my pupils to say that they were unavailable on a particular day (which was in week 1 anyway and I'd requested week 5). But just in case- it wouldn't be the first time I'd asked for week 5 and got week 1- I sent an email in which I made it completely clear that I and my pupils understand that they could be given a date in any week, but that I wanted to let them know in advance that there was a problem with availability on that day. Got a reply along the lines of, we cannot accept entries that are based on avoiding a date- which I'd made it clear I wasn't doing at all! Surely it should be straightforward enough to pass any requests like that along to the local rep- and even better, to include a space on the form, as Trinity do, for any dates that are absolutely impossible to make? It might save a lot of waiting on the phone with people ringing up having been given unsuitable dates (especially as the expressed preference for a particular week doesn't always happen). I also agree that it was far far better when we rang up a particular region-the service feels increasingly distant and impersonal these days.

#15 Minstrel

Minstrel

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1171 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 22:40

Yes, the old system worked much better!

I started calling around nine yesterday ( Monday is my non-contact day ) and eventually got through to speak to someone mid-late afternoon. I do have some additional-support candidates which complicates things a little and I was promised a call and/or an email to move things forward today.

I've been teaching pretty much solidly all ( long ) day today and -unusually for me- kept my phone on , but despite this I have had neither a phone call or email. I find this frankly unprofessional. I have pupils who have worked well and purposefully towards their end-of-year achievement goals ( exams ) and are now being messed about like this. They and their parents ( who need to know when and how to get time off work to support their childrens' music ) deserve and have the right to expect better.

This has been a tentative step back towards ABRSM from Trinity for me as I really like these particular grade pieces, but I am hugely disillusioned by the system and organisation . I will need a lot of persuading before I consider using more ABRSM exams with my students.

Apologies for my uncharacteristic rant-mode . I'm just so frustrated by the inconvenience that this is causing not only me but also and especially my pupils' families.