#1 mellyna

mellyna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Member: 897494
  • Buckinghamshire

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:54

My daughters sat their grade 1 exams at the end of March. Flute for my 9 year old and Violin for my 8 year. Have been anxiously waiting for their results and finally received 2 email notifications from our music service that their Certificates and mark sheets have been posted today by second class post. Didn't say what they got but so glad the waiting is over. Now to wait for it arrive to find out their actual results. Second class so will have to wait out the weekend I guess. Should have opted to collect them personally then we find out today. :lol:

#2 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1935 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:41

Well done to your girls. I can well remember how anxious I was when my eldest took his first exam, and how exciting it is to get the result.

#3 Digby

Digby

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2037 posts
  • Member: 480

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:31

What a kind music centre, most would have waited until after the holidays.  Congratulations x

#4 linda.ff

linda.ff

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7657 posts
  • Member: 183500
  • Cambridge

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:34

What a kind music centre, most would have waited until after the holidays.  Congratulations x

It's not their holiday though, probably. And they might have said something about the mark, or pass/merit/distinction, rather than just "it's in the post"

#5 mellyna

mellyna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Buckinghamshire

Posted 21 April 2017 - 13:36

Thank you all. Indeed they should have indicated the actual results in the email. I decided I couldn't wait all weeked so I rang up the music service to find out their actual results. My 9 year old got 127 for flute and my 8 year old got 131 for violin! My girls will be pleased. My heart is bursting with pride. :D :D :D

My 8 year old will be doing a trial with the junior string ensemble tomorrow and she's not sure if she's good enough. Hopefully getting a distinction will help boost her confidence.

#6 Grace Notes

Grace Notes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Member: 888142

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:33

How lovely, and what excellent marks! Congratulations to your girls x

#7 soccermom

soccermom

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • Member: 9005
  • South West Surrey

Posted 23 April 2017 - 21:13

Very well done mellyna's girls.  It makes me quite nostalgic for when mine were first starting out.

The music centre probably had lots of entries and has a standard email they send to everyone.  It would take far longer if they had to include everyone's results. Of course if everyone phones up to ask for the results, that is probably even more time-consuming!

#8 mellyna

mellyna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Buckinghamshire

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:39

Very well done mellyna's girls.  It makes me quite nostalgic for when mine were first starting out.

The music centre probably had lots of entries and has a standard email they send to everyone.  It would take far longer if they had to include everyone's results. Of course if everyone phones up to ask for the results, that is probably even more time-consuming!

Their website actually states that once results are out, we can ring up and ask for them. Next time, I'll opt to collect  :)

Have just received their certificates and mark sheets and both had the same examiner. I was quite certain they had the same examiners as I caught a glimpse of the examiner from the car park and when the door was ajar. However, my girls were adamant they had different ones based on their own descriptions which were wildly different  :rofl: Anyway, Miss 8 had her Junior Strings trial last Saturday and we bumped into Miss 9's flute teacher who told us that the examiner was quite a harsh marker so the girls did very well to get high marks from her. Reading her comments, she is fair and is aware that she's only examining them on they day and on a different day, the way they play may be different. She uses 'today' a lot in her comments.