#1 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4259 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:51

I'm steadily trying to improve the content of my brass band's library over time (we have loads of pieces but alot of it is brown, torn and mended with Teflon-coated sellotape, featuring squashed insects, old fashioned crotchet rests, lack of key signature on each line, miniscule hand written notes, edges nibbled by a hungry mouse, bonkers repeats, and in alot of cases probably shouldn't have been written in the first place. I have already collected a few good pieces, but if anyone has any suggestions then this would be greatly appreciated. There doesn't seem to be a list of standard works graded by band section. This would be a really useful thing to put together. My band is Section 4 kind of standard but we try more difficult things too. Thanks.

#2 brassedoff

brassedoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Member: 888464
  • South Sheffield

Posted 18 October 2017 - 13:00

Have you looked at many Alan Fernie arrangements or compositions or some of the ones by my mate Gavin Somerset? If you want any more detailed suggestions, give me a shout. I conduct a good community (non-contesting) band. I'd happily share some of our set lists.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Any suggestions?