LCM Grade 8 drum kit.

91/100

What a massive contrast to the Trinity Rock & Pop result from Dec 2016. 44/100

I REALLY didn't expect this result. So SO proud of myself. blush.png

#1340456 Thinking of packing it in

Posted by edgmusic on 01 September 2017 - 21:07

As I am on line

Apologies if you are not.

But are you trolling? It's against forum rules.

If you want to 'retire' do it. It's your decision. Go get a "low status role working for a big company". [/size]

How can we offer advice as you have the figures to make a living out of teaching or not!\[/size]
Stop wasting people's time.

[/size]

A bit harsh, I feel. I saw nothing in the post to suggest trolling.

The poster is having doubts about continuing and looking for support and advice from others on the forum. That's what we are for. Many teachers on here have probably had similar feelings at some time over the years.

I found your blunt response very unhelpful and disappointing.

#1319206 The Things They Say

Posted by Latin pianist on 05 July 2016 - 17:43

I take exception to the remark that someone is too intelligent to accept the Christianity story. There are many academics including scientists who are devout Christians.

#1353531 Parent not understanding importance of rhythm

Posted by hummingbird on 17 June 2018 - 19:35

Not a teacher so I hope you don't mind me replying, but this reminds me of when I first started learning the clarinet as a complete novice at music.  I started off thinking that the notes were the most important thing, but my teacher kept drumming it into me that the rhythm was much more important than the notes.  I can't remember if my teacher used this analogy but it's like being able to undrstnd a sntence even if it's wrtten wthout some of the ltters, whereas if youu set her ig htlet tersb utwi theth ewr ongs paci ngan dpun ctua tio nitsv erydi ffic lttou nde rsta nd.  That's the difference in importance between letters/notes and spacing/rhythm - perhaps your parent would understand this analogy too.