balu114

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Member: 274862
  • Warwickshire

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:31

"The ACMP Worldwide Play-In Weekend is a celebration of the joy of chamber music that occurs the first weekend in March each year. This grassroots campaign encourages people of all ages and abilities to come together and play chamber music for pleasure. ACMP members host play-ins worldwide in creative ways, in groups small and large, informal and structured."

http://www.acmp.net/...,_Rev._B-1_.pdf

Any forumites doing anything for this? I have requested ACMP UK organizer if they can put me in a group in London.

#2 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22903 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:51

"The ACMP Worldwide Play-In Weekend is a celebration of the joy of chamber music that occurs the first weekend in March each year. This grassroots campaign encourages people of all ages and abilities to come together and play chamber music for pleasure. ACMP members host play-ins worldwide in creative ways, in groups small and large, informal and structured."

Any forumites doing anything for this? I have requested ACMP UK organizer if they can put me in a group in London.

Does my trio rehearsal tomorrow count?

#3 balu114

balu114

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Warwickshire

Posted 27 February 2015 - 13:01

It would if you repeat it a week later (Mar 7)!! Which trio are you playing sbhoa?

#4 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22903 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 27 February 2015 - 13:10

It would if you repeat it a week later (Mar 7)!! Which trio are you playing sbhoa?

We are currently working on the 2nd Mendelssohn Concertpiece. Going to play the first two sections in a festival in May. Otherwise we play anything we find that we like. We have several options of instrument combination as we are to clarinets and a flute with the flautist and one clarinettist also being pianists. 

Next weekend I have a clarinet choir rehearsal and we are learning to play as a chamber group.

#5 balu114

balu114

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Warwickshire

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:26

On Saturday, I attended the play-in organized by ACMP in London. For the first time ever, I got play with a string quartet and it was Mozart's Clarinet Quintet! Then I played few movements from different Crusell's Quartets. There was another forumite there which was great as I didn't know anyone else!

If you are interested in amateur chamber music, do have a look at www.acmp.net. They are a bunch of friendly, welcoming people.

#6 lubylu

lubylu

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Member: 522569
  • Dorset

Posted 09 March 2015 - 20:24

It was me!

I can highly recommend this group.....really friendly and encouraging. I played Haydn string quartets for the first time and had a great time. Lovely to play with Balu's clarinet in the Mozart too.

#7 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6012 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 09 March 2015 - 21:19

I didn't know about this- am bookmarking it for future reference though I simply haven't the time at the moment. Thanks balu114 for posting this, I missed chamber music a lot.

#8 balu114

balu114

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Warwickshire

Posted 09 March 2015 - 22:13

I didn't know about this- am bookmarking it for future reference though I simply haven't the time at the moment. Thanks balu114 for posting this, I missed chamber music a lot.

I did think of letting you know about the gathering but didn't as I remembered your weekends are quite busy!

I had a bag full of Piano trios but no Pianist (we had one just for a few minutes)! It would have been great if you had been there, we could have played the whole of Kreutzer trio.

#9 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6012 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:52

You were right, I was indeed too busy and will be for another couple of months, but that won't always be the case! Maybe another year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ACMP, Chamber Music, Amateur