3 replies to this topic

#1 picklepiper

picklepiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Member: 5805

Posted 12 September 2018 - 20:14

I'm a trustee of the Stephen Sondheim Society. We are currently planning a study day (Brush Up Your Sondheim) at the Royal Academy of Music on Sunday 7th October, from 11.00 am until 6.15 pm. The theme for the day is 'Sondheim on Screen', and there will be talks by experts such as Dr John Snelson of the Royal Opera House, Ben Francis of Goldsmiths College, and the actress Jayne Wisener, who played 'Johanna' in Tim Burton's film of Sweeney Todd alongside Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

For performers there will be an opportunity to take part in a singing/acting masterclass with Bryan Husband of Trinity Laban Conservatoire, and also a video production workshop. It promises to be a fascinating and stimulating day.

Please see our website for further details, and information about how to book tickets for this exciting event.

Here is the link: https://www.sondheim...p-Your-Sondheim

#2 Sylvette

Sylvette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Member: 895486
  • Gloucestershire, UK

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:05

I would love to do this, but I am in Spain that weekend!

#3 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3822 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:57

Have passed on the information to a friend who might be interested.

#4 picklepiper

picklepiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Member: 5805

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:27

Here's an update to our line-up of speakers for Brush Up Your Sondheim on 7th October.

Excited to welcome Mike Higham, musical supervisor for Tim Burton's film of Sweeney Todd and the Disney film of Into the Woods, who will be leading a session for us during the day.