Dorcas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Member: 887843
  • Hertfordshire

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:02

Let's welcome the summer holidays with a fab forum party.  Teachers, students and their families are all welcome. 

Ring my virtual doorbell, and announce yourself and your party platter or drinks!  Remember, I am being responsible by holding it in my virtual house, so I can use my virtual dishwasher, so no nasty plastic plates, cutlery or straws!!!!

On my table in the garden you will find,  lemonade, cucumber sandwiches, and a little gin for those who fancy a spot of mother's ruin!

party1.gif morningcoffee.gif 

#2 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2257 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:15

Ding dong. May I be first to arrive? I'm here with my banjo (obvs) for entertainment, if you can tolerate my only being able to play one song on the wretched thing.

I bring homemade tonic and homemade elderflower cordial to go with the gin. The rest of you had better get here quickly or there'll be no gin left!

#3 susiejean

susiejean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Member: 10392
  • Aberdeenshire

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:16

I have Prossecco!

#4 susiejean

susiejean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Aberdeenshire

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:17

It also happens to be my birthday, so a double celebration. happyBirthday.gif party2.gif

#5 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2257 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:35

Happy birthday, Susiejean!

#6 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3732 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:39

I'll bring my outdoor violin, some dry white wine and a tray of mini tartlets and a tin of home made Reeses Pieces. (I love canape sized nibbles 'cause there are no knives and forks to wash up).

#7 adagiok5

adagiok5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Member: 1763
  • Hampshire

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:02

Thank you for the invite. I will be there. I am going to bring scones clotted cream and jam

#8 Clarimoo

Clarimoo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1894 posts
  • Member: 71829

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:26

Ding dong!

Hello Dorcas, thank you so much for inviting me, I've brought my speciality Black Forest Trifle.

I've got my penny whistle with me, just in case my only tune is the same as Banjogirl's.

Happy Birthday Susiejean!

I hope your virtual house has a nice cool veranda....oh so it does. Lovely.

smile.png

#9 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2257 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:49

Mine is 'Baby on Board' from the Simpsons. I don't even know what the chords are, just where I have to put my fingers and when! Still, we could have a go.

I love the sound of your trifle.

#10 Dorcas

Dorcas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Hertfordshire

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:55

How wonderful!  Lovely guests, fab booze, (soft and alcoholic) and what wonderful music!  And as for the food, once we have all sobered up, might I suggest a hike round the beautiful farmland close to my modest little home?

Welcome everyone!!!!  I like music from banjos, violins, pan pipes . . .  in fact you name or even play just a few bars and I am in music heaven.

And the sun has just come out, another blue skiy afternoon.  Ooooh, and before I forget, fingers crossed for England tonight.

Party on peeps xxx

woot.gif hurrah.gif piano.gif happyviolin.gif guitar.gif flute3.gif saxophone.gif trombone.gif clarinet.gif musicMakers.gif harp.gif 

Do you think the mods will shut the thread down because of all the raucous noise? 

#11 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted 11 July 2018 - 13:28

I don't finish until half way through August! Can I still come though?

#12 Dorcas

Dorcas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Hertfordshire

Posted 11 July 2018 - 14:47

Well, it sounds like we shall soon have the neighbours complaining, even if the mods are indulging us.  I think this party will be going on for some time yet.

laugh.png 

#13 susiejean

susiejean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Aberdeenshire

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:15

Ironically we have been invited to a barbecue at some musician friends of ours on Saturday (and of course the weather has gone to pot up here!).

Although they will have the above mentioned wine and canapes they will also have a PA set up and an array of instruments on the go. wacko.png

I don't do 'jamming with the crew'!rolleyes.gif

I'd far rather come to the safety of the virtual party. 

#14 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3150 posts
  • Member: 711500

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:45

What's a PA? Other than a Personal Assistant!

#15 Dorcas

Dorcas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Hertfordshire

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:33

They have one personal assistant playing multiple instruments?  I hope she has public liability insurance and passes the hat around.  party1.gif  Here she can borrow mine.

Susiejean, this end of term party is going to run until 28 July.  Please enjoy yourself, whenever you feel the need.  The only problem?  An awful lot of wasps circling the black forest trifle, the clotted cream scones and assorted other goodies.  Who let the cat out of my kitchen?  She is now completely blotto having finished off some the dregs of the gin.  What a light weight!!!  Please folks, after you have finished having a wonderful time, remember to pick up your cans, empty the booze so the wasps don't carb up, gin up then land on someone.  The cat is useless mouser this morning.  Oh dear!  Perhaps everyone was distracted by the football?

Anyway, same again this evening.  Canapes, lemonade, the remains of the gin, and anyone who needs to let their hair down, come one come all!!!

ill.gif mornincoffee.gif wave.gif