#1 CormacOB

CormacOB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Member: 894700

Posted 04 November 2015 - 16:38

Hello all!

I am hoping to sit my LLCM / LTCL diploma this year, and have been working on the foundations of my repertoire for the last couple of weeks - but I can't for the life of me decide! Most of it is reasonably secure at this stage, so I would be in a fine position to switch pieces if there are any glaringly obvious issues...here's hoping there aren't though  :)

At present, my recital program looks like this:

- Beethoven, Sonata in E flat major, Op.31/3

- Chopin, Nocturne in C minor, Op. 48/1

- Liszt, Concert study in D flat major 'Un sospiro', S.144/3

...and here it ends!

For my final piece, I would love to learn the Gottschalk 'Souvenir de Porta Rico', "Marche de Gibaros", Op.31, but I'm not sure whether it really fits in the context of the rest of my repertoire. As an alternative, the Scriabin Poemes Op.69 have been suggested, but I can't find an indication anywhere as to whether they would be of the required standard...also I have been considering Debussy's 'Ondine' - again, not certain about the overall fit!

Sorry to post this here, but I'm at a stage where I very much need to get cracking on finalising this, any and all advice would be hugely appreciated!

For

:wub:

#2 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17570 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:30

Three years ago I thought I might do an L dip when I retired, but  have decided its not going to happen . I have worked on both your Beethoven Sonata and Chopin Nocturne (and also the Dflat one).  I might easily have chosen those, but for me some Bach would have been a necessity (LRSM has No 14 in Book 2 WTC). For something more recent I tried Ginasteras Danzas Argentinas, and also learnt two of three Shostakovich Preludes and Fugues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diploma, Repertoire, Own-choice