#16 HarpyMum

HarpyMum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Member: 222758

Posted 18 July 2011 - 13:30

QUOTE(emilylou @ Mar 31 2011, 04:10 PM) View Post

I just did my grade 4 today. I also had a really nice examiner but in the aural test where you have to sing back to them- it was really long eek.gif . I basically gave up with it. Apart from that it was great! I have done 4 other ABRSM grades, 1, 2 and 3 on the harp and grade 2 piano.
Emilylou

hi, meant to post a while ago, I got Distinction!!! biggrin.gif yay! now working at grade 5 for November.

#17 Collyermum

Collyermum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Member: 68406
  • North-east

Posted 19 July 2011 - 13:46

QUOTE(emilylou @ Jul 18 2011, 02:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(emilylou @ Mar 31 2011, 04:10 PM) View Post

I just did my grade 4 today. I also had a really nice examiner but in the aural test where you have to sing back to them- it was really long eek.gif . I basically gave up with it. Apart from that it was great! I have done 4 other ABRSM grades, 1, 2 and 3 on the harp and grade 2 piano.
Emilylou

hi, meant to post a while ago, I got Distinction!!! biggrin.gif yay! now working at grade 5 for November.

Well done Emilylou! woot.gif

#18 HarpyMum

HarpyMum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Member: 222758

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:00

QUOTE(Collyermum @ Mar 10 2011, 07:07 PM) View Post

Hi Emily-Lou

Sounds like you are doing great! I am hoping to take grade 4 as my first exam in about a year. What pieces are you doing? I am planning on doing Scarborough Fair and the Bach prelude in C and and Alberti Study.

I haven't started working on the aural yet, sorry. They have changed it so much since I last did it for my flute exams that I'm sure it will be all different, and my singing exams were Trinity which is different again. But it isn't my favourite thing either! At least it has the least marks allocated of anything. I haven't looked at the sight reading either yet - I'm not sure about coping with that on the harp yet! I can read it ok but placing might be a major challenge on the go!

All the best, do let me know what you are playing and what harp you are using. I have a Triplett Signature lever harp with 36 strings at the moment. I might get a pedal harp one day.

Katherine.

Wow, I haven't been on here for a while!
I played O'er Sea To Skye, Sonatina In C, and a study by pozzoli that I can't remember the name of!
I have a moreley's Elysian Traditional 40 which is quite big by lever harp standards and I am getting a rental pedal harp next week! CAN'T WAIT!!!

#19 Collyermum

Collyermum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Member: 68406
  • North-east

Posted 21 October 2011 - 18:27

QUOTE(emilylou @ Oct 21 2011, 10:00 AM) View Post

I have a moreley's Elysian Traditional 40 which is quite big by lever harp standards and I am getting a rental pedal harp next week! CAN'T WAIT!!!

That sounds exciting biggrin.gif What are you renting? Let us know how you like it!