mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4382 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted 16 February 2018 - 14:47

Smoke alarms went off at 3.10 am, and wouldn't go off no matter what, even cutting off the power supply.(No fire, obviously) Needless to say emergency electrician didn't ring back so after 75 mins of this, OH managed to prise them both off the ceiling and extract the batteries.

Have been teaching a boy from a nearby boarding school during the holidays. Originally he and guardian wanted 4x45min lessons (in 1 week!) but changed it to 3x1hrs instead. I stupidly didn't mention the 50p at the end of the 45 minute rate so our expectations about the final bill differed by £2.
I caved in of course but am mightily annoyed that she would stand her ground for the sake of £2 when they arrived 30 minutes late on Monday, 40 minutes late on Weds and 55 mins late today.

Will now go and laminate a sheet with 'KICK ME' in a very large font and pin it to my jumper.Grrr.

#18962 jch48

jch48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Member: 25823
  • East Midlands

Posted 16 February 2018 - 15:29

i was scheduled to do 5 accompaniments in 1 concert - more than originally expected and a couple at G2 level so not particularly demanding. In the light of this I texted them all to reduce my rate by £5. I go to the venue and 1 has called in sick and another has turned up with no piano part. Lesson learned !