#19381 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2354 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:01

The grass turned out to still be very wet. So now I haven't cut it, which is worse!

#19382 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14371 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 12 October 2018 - 20:26

Here we go again...following my Amazon account being hacked back in June, and a fraudulent transaction placed with my details, Amazon last Sunday decided to lock my account because of it.

I have phoned four out of five days this week and each time have been told not to worry, they'll pass it to the right department, they will be in touch by email or phone in the next 24 hours...and, guess what...nothing.    I'm feeling a distinct sense of déja vu after the debacle with Three sad.pngsad.pngsad.png.

My elderly father's card was hacked at the same time, just before he went into hospital for nearly a month.   The bank re-credited the amounts taken fraudulently but now four have been taken out again because the merchant contested them, saying the transactions were genuine.   I spent 58 minutes on the phone to the bank today, with my dad - he's 90 and REALLY doesn't need the stress or hassle and doesn't have the IQ of 205 needed to be able to understand what's going on.   I spoke to FOUR different people and Pa had to go through the security things every time (like a 90 year-old is going to immediately have the answer to, 'on 4th September you paid a sum of £45.71 - who was that to?').   Each time I had to start again at the beginning and each time the CS person said they'd pass me on to the right department.   FOUR TIMES!!!!!!!!!

In the end they said I had to contact the merchant direct to get the money refunded.   I phone the merchant - give answers into their automated system for four minutes, only to be told, 'Go to our website...' and the call was ended.

By then I had totally lost the will to live.

Is it just me, or is life just SO complicated now??   Speaking to a Real Live Person (especially one who Knows What They're Doing) seems almost impossible and nothing is just sorted simply or straight away.

I'm going to bed in a grump.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

#19383 Crock

Crock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Member: 288071
  • South West

Posted 12 October 2018 - 21:28

Here we go again...following my Amazon account being hacked back in June, and a fraudulent transaction placed with my details, Amazon last Sunday decided to lock my account because of it.

I have phoned four out of five days this week and each time have been told not to worry, they'll pass it to the right department, they will be in touch by email or phone in the next 24 hours...and, guess what...nothing.    I'm feeling a distinct sense of déja vu after the debacle with Three sad.pngsad.pngsad.png.

My elderly father's card was hacked at the same time, just before he went into hospital for nearly a month.   The bank re-credited the amounts taken fraudulently but now four have been taken out again because the merchant contested them, saying the transactions were genuine.   I spent 58 minutes on the phone to the bank today, with my dad - he's 90 and REALLY doesn't need the stress or hassle and doesn't have the IQ of 205 needed to be able to understand what's going on.   I spoke to FOUR different people and Pa had to go through the security things every time (like a 90 year-old is going to immediately have the answer to, 'on 4th September you paid a sum of £45.71 - who was that to?').   Each time I had to start again at the beginning and each time the CS person said they'd pass me on to the right department.   FOUR TIMES!!!!!!!!!

In the end they said I had to contact the merchant direct to get the money refunded.   I phone the merchant - give answers into their automated system for four minutes, only to be told, 'Go to our website...' and the call was ended.

By then I had totally lost the will to live.

Is it just me, or is life just SO complicated now??   Speaking to a Real Live Person (especially one who Knows What They're Doing) seems almost impossible and nothing is just sorted simply or straight away.

I'm going to bed in a grump.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I'm so sorry for you....this has been a never ending nightmare.  It is a terrible comment on our society that you cannot speak to a Real Live Person who Knows What They're Doing.  I expect everyone on this Forum has experienced something like this at some stage even if in a much milder form that your continuing nightmare, so can identify with your struggle..

FIGHT ON, BE TUFF.....we all wish you a lovely weekend..

#19384 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14371 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 13 October 2018 - 23:12

Awwwww thank you, Crock - much appreciated!

TUFF Cyrilla

:) :) :)