#19426 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3284 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted 14 November 2018 - 13:45

If they have paid by credit card, they should be able to ask the card company to refund their money. But only if they do this within 3 months of it happening. I ordered a pair of curtains from a company which subsequently went bust, and I had forgotten all about them, as it was going to take several weeks for the curtains to appear. Then  wondered one day what had happened, only to find out I was too late to do anything about it. A company with a very similar name and logo opened in the same premises a year later. glare.gif

#19427 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6387 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 13:46

I saw a sad article in the paper about brides who had paid for their Berketex wedding dresses and now that the company has gone bust they have lost their money. One lucky lady was able to pick hers up in a rush but was still sad as she had missed the opportunity to collect it with her bridesmaids. I had to read that twice to make sure I'd understood it correctly. Is that actually a thing? And she had missed out on the shop's advice as to how to 'wear' her dress. I just put mine on and fastened it up. Am I a complete philistine?

Well if you are, I am too. My mum did have to sew the bow at the back in place to stop it undoing!  That was the extent of the technical aspects to my wedding dress.  As I got a bit thinner nearer the wedding, I just tied the sash a bit tighter!   My bridesmaid was too tall for her dress which she chose from Laura Ashley in the sale, so I added length by sewing on some lace.

Today's wedding dresses do seem to have to "fit" exactly!