corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6059 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:08

As the neighbour of a pianist,a clarinetist and a violinist, I can tell you that any stuff I hear from them usually is just background the way I might hear a telly on in the background. I certainly am not consciously listening out for them with a critical ear

#19967 Violin Hero

Violin Hero

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3747 posts
  • Member: 26561
  • South London

Posted 15 July 2019 - 13:18

As the neighbour of a pianist,a clarinetist and a violinist, I can tell you that any stuff I hear from them usually is just background the way I might hear a telly on in the background. I certainly am not consciously listening out for them with a critical ear

My experience is the same. I used to have a neighbor with kids who played the piano. I could hear them playing it it but paid no attention to it and it didn't bother me at all as long as it was not at stupid o'clock. 

#19968 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 15 July 2019 - 16:04

My quartet always rehearse at the same house. Just before we arrive the neighbours always go out! It must really bug them when we change our rehearsal night.

#19969 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Member: 898997

Posted Today, 16:06

I'm sitting at my desk in tears.  An apparently deranged arsonist has attacked the studios of Kyoto Animation in Kyoto, Japan.  The BBC is reporting 33 deaths, with many more in hospital, some in critical condition.

Kyoto Animation has a high reputation in the industry and in the fandom.  They have been pushing the limits of the medium over the past several years, really raising the bar on art and storytelling.

I feel the same way I did when Notre Dame burned, maybe even more so because of the deaths of many people whose work has brought me so much happiness over the years.