Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5936 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted Yesterday, 16:18

To be honest Hedgehog, I've started to get quite blunt in some of my feedback on things. I've spent too many years being used as a doormat and I no longer tolerate it. I have given very long service to several organisations over the years and discovered way too late that I just wasn't valued. They were happy to have me spending all of my free time doing their organisation and admin and remarkably lacking in support or appreciation. 

I signed up as secretary of an organisation with a view to doing three years in post and then doing chair. I'd literally only been in the post 2 days and I got an obnoxious not-thought-through e-mail form the chair of trustees (that's separate from the chair of the exec). I decided there and then that I was not prepared to put up with that. I objected strongly to the behaviour and at the AGM stepped down from both the role and the committee as well having done one year in post. Life is too short to waste it for other people's benefit if you're not getting something out of it. If all you're getting is ignored / abuse / trouble, then why continue?

This is a big change from what I've done in the past where I've soldiered on, often for years. 

#17762 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14212 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted Yesterday, 22:52

Hear, HEAR, TV!!!!

:goldstar: :goldstar: :goldstar: