Same as us! smile.png

#20237 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17304 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 11 February 2019 - 20:37

I shall be making two tomorrow, one to eat and one to freeze

#20238 Witzend

Witzend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Member: 892899
  • Kingston on Thames

Posted 11 February 2019 - 21:30

It was yesterday, but several mimosa trees virtually in full bloom - seen during a horribly wet and very windy walk to the post office. Lots of crocuses out around here, too.
Oh, and I've finally finished my pirate! Wouldn't want all that sewing-up faff again, but he looks wonderfully ruffianly. I did think the parrot on his shoulder would be very fiddly but in fact that was one of the easier bits.
Here's the prototype if anyone's interested, only my chap's frock coat is a much brighter red.https://www.alandart.../people/pirate/

Thank you Witzend for the picture. It brought back memories.  When my parents retired mum took up again her hobby of knitting and she knitted all year round, producing all sorts of toys very similar to your pirate. Just before Christmas each year she would arrange them all on the sofa and take a photograph. Then she took them all to to the children's wing of her local hospital or to any charity organisation who would pass them on to needy children.

The year she died we sent the dolls she had knitted to the hospital but I kept two as a keepsake.   Over the years, with all the mess in our house I had lost track of them and forgotten about them. But your pirate sent me on a treasure hunt and I have just found them safely wrapped up and good as new. One is a gypsy lady  complete with shawl and bonnet and she is carrying  a basket in which there are two miniature dolls, a ball, three skeins of wool, a tiny pair of socks, a tiny pair of gloves and a scarf - all knitted. the other is a guardsman complete with knitted drum and drumsticks. Thank you again for prodding my memory!

What a lovely story, Aquarelle - so glad you found them safe.

#20239 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14505 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 11 February 2019 - 23:24

Playing around designing Phoenix banners.

:wub:

#20240 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4437 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:43

Taught all my junior school keyboard groups dynamics this week, in a school without touch sensitive keyboards so we used castanets and played the rhythm of thier pieces on those instead and they added their own dynamics.. I think they got it! Maybe.