Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14579 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 22 March 2019 - 21:31

The thought of a week today having cocktails and a meal with Tenor Viol and Bagpuss :wub:

#20357 Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3155 posts
  • Member: 371

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:35

Walking along the Thames from Hambleden to Henley plus burning some toxic waste....

BP x

#20358 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14579 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 23 March 2019 - 23:15

VERY toxic waste, Bag...mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Mine - apart from seeing my gorgeous students today  :wub::

A friend is helping with the organisation for my course next weekend and tried to place an order for sarnies etc. from Waitrose (whom we have used on several previous occasions for this venue).   Website says they don't deliver to this address unsure.png .   She tries several ideas to get round this, without success.    So eventually she phones Waitrose and speaks to a lovely lady who was incredibly helpful and managed to solve the problem.

Waitrose Lady asks what such a large order is for so my friend tells her about the course.   Waitrose Lady squeals and says that she is working towards Grade 4 singing and has no clue about aural or sight-singing - that she's been told she's dyslexic and they're just things she can't learn.   

Outcome - Waitrose Lady is full of hope and I think I have a new skype student...

:)

#20359 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2548 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 24 March 2019 - 14:35

Skinny dipping in Norfolk!

#20360 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6472 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 24 March 2019 - 14:36

VERY toxic waste, Bag...mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Mine - apart from seeing my gorgeous students today  wub.png:

A friend is helping with the organisation for my course next weekend and tried to place an order for sarnies etc. from Waitrose (whom we have used on several previous occasions for this venue).   Website says they don't deliver to this address unsure.png .   She tries several ideas to get round this, without success.    So eventually she phones Waitrose and speaks to a lovely lady who was incredibly helpful and managed to solve the problem.

Waitrose Lady asks what such a large order is for so my friend tells her about the course.   Waitrose Lady squeals and says that she is working towards Grade 4 singing and has no clue about aural or sight-singing - that she's been told she's dyslexic and they're just things she can't learn.   

Outcome - Waitrose Lady is full of hope and I think I have a new skype student...

smile.png

It's amazing how we acquire pupils sometimes! laugh.png

#20361 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6086 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 24 March 2019 - 14:45

Yesterday my orchestra had a very challenging concert in Birmingham: Copland Fanfare for the Common Man, Ibert Cello Concerto, Mahler Adagietto from Symphony 5, Warlock Capriol Suite, and Sibelius 5...

It has to be said I was more than slightly anxious about it. The first movement of the Sibelius has some really tricky stuff in terms of just keeping track of it (there's a 'chaotic' passage which is in 12 / 8 and cellos have a page of triplet semi-quavers)