#20581 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7660 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 11 August 2019 - 14:57

Well,I have just finished calculating and typing the 80 bills (5 periods to the academic year and 16 families) I will need to distribute in  September. A rather mundane happy, I know, but it is such a relief to know that all I have to do now is print them and then I can forget billing for the whole year!

#20582 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Member: 899443
  • Switzerland

Posted 11 August 2019 - 15:20

Making a detour coming up from church, buying a few apples from the farm which are too small, too 'misshapen' and too 'marked' to be sold officially, walking up the shady track beside a meadow with many of the old sorts of tall fruit trees, growing higgeldy piggeldy all over the field, not smaller trees in neat rows as one usually finds round here now. Cows standing in the shadow of the trees, bells ringing. Then up through the woods, shady and cool.

At this point the 'Happy' comes to an untimely end. Hot sun and no shadow along the road to home.

#20583 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5907 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 11 August 2019 - 17:41

Hot sun 

Ooh - we could do with some of that in this neck of the woods.

#20584 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 11 August 2019 - 19:29

I managed a bit of a walk this evening to pick some blackberries, after a rather dispiriting day when my shingles seemed to have got worse again. Feeling much perkier now and it's a really lovely evening.

#20585 chris13

chris13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Member: 7226
  • Lancaster; originally from Rhubarb Triangle Yorkshire

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:13

Our daughter was diagnosed with Shingles about ten days ago and has been very uncomfortable. She managed to go to work over the weekend.

#20586 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6085 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:37

Ran through 3/4 of my ATCL programme and 3/5 of my LTCL programme from memory at a public piano in a shopping centre without collapsing. I don't think I played particularly well but it was an exercise in keeping my concentration. I succeeded in that respect.

#20587 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted Yesterday, 18:24

We went for a walk today and were picking some bilberries when a man in his early twenties joined us and asked what they were, and if he could eat them. He was absolutely thrilled and picked a few for my bag, and ate some and then went in his way with his mates, pleased as punch.

#20588 mel2

mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4809 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted Yesterday, 19:05

Yesterday actually.
Had an excellent seat to see Angela Hewitt playing the Goldberg Variations.
Wow.
Fascinating to watch her hands doing a sort of ballet as she weaved the sounds.
Was cross with self for forgetting to bring my score, but it would have sat unopened because I couldn't take my eyes off her.

#20589 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17570 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted Yesterday, 20:08

Yesterday actually.
Had an excellent seat to see Angela Hewitt playing the Goldberg Variations.
Wow.
Fascinating to watch her hands doing a sort of ballet as she weaved the sounds.
Was cross with self for forgetting to bring my score, but it would have sat unopened because I couldn't take my eyes off her.

I'm jealous ! My favourite Bach interpreter, and whilst I have most of her Bach recordings I don't have her Goldberg !sad.png

#20590 hummingbird

hummingbird

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts
  • Member: 491056

Posted Today, 09:24

A couple of big tough workmen laying a drive in the house opposite.  I saw them cross the road and faff around between my house and my neighbour's, and then they came back again with a bottle of water and faffed around a bit more.  I couldn't see what they were doing so I went to find out.  It turned out that they'd found a poorly bee on the drive they were working on, so they'd picked it up and come and put it on the michaelmas daisies between my house and my neighbour's, and then they'd come back to give it a drink of water biggrin.png