#1 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts
  • Member: 10759

Posted 30 June 2008 - 17:30

I am posting this really to get some more contacts..if you are based in Hampshire please PM me and we can discuss things further...don't be shy...speak up..

Many thanks

Andrew

#2 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 20:54

Ok well I have had four messages which is great..but this has had 68 views so if you live in or near Andover Hampshire then get in touch via pm..keep the messages coming people...

#3 vectistim

vectistim

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts
  • Member: 19545
  • Isle of Wight/Reading

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:05

Andover is a bit far north for me, although I did make it as far north as Southsea last night.

What is it you are looking for?

#4 sjc

sjc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Member: 11470
  • somewhere in england

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:05

QUOTE(A.U.K @ Jun 30 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post

Ok well I have had four messages which is great..but this has had 68 views so if you live in or near Andover Hampshire then get in touch via pm..keep the messages coming people...

Sorry I viewed it but live nowhere near!!

#5 Deborah

Deborah

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5861 posts
  • Member: 2747
  • Monsalvat, Valhalla

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:50

QUOTE(vectistim @ Jul 1 2008, 09:05 AM) View Post

Yes, what for?

If it's just for general music-making purposes (a case of "who can I call on to play this gorgeous quintet with?") rather than stalking, I may be able to help. I hope I'm not disqualified by living in Surrey, but my sister is in Hampshire so a visit to see her could easily be combined with a detour to Andover to make music clarinet.gif

#6 sjc

sjc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Member: 11470
  • somewhere in england

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:31

QUOTE(Deborah @ Jul 1 2008, 09:50 AM) View Post

QUOTE(vectistim @ Jul 1 2008, 09:05 AM) View Post

Yes, what for?

If it's just for general music-making purposes (a case of "who can I call on to play this gorgeous quintet with?") rather than stalking, I may be able to help. I hope I'm not disqualified by living in Surrey, but my sister is in Hampshire so a visit to see her could easily be combined with a detour to Andover to make music clarinet.gif

blink.gif blush.gif

#7 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:43

It is for a general Music making situation with weekly rehearsals with a well established orchestra..no stalking as suggested by Deborah, that never occured to me...I was asking people to contact me via PM so I could give them my number if they wanted to come along...nothing more nothing less...No one is out of the boundry zone I was just thinking that people would not want to travel too far with petrol prices as they are, to a rehearsal on a weekly basis, hence I titled the thread Hampshire Musicians...

I do hope the stalking comment hasn't put people off enquiring about it, that would be a dreadful pity..

Andrew

#8 Deborah

Deborah

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5861 posts
  • Member: 2747
  • Monsalvat, Valhalla

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:51

Oops, sorry AUK ph34r.gif I am reliably informed that you are a fine musician and in no way a stalker, so musicians with easy access to his corner of Hampshire, please contact him for evenings of fine music-making.

#9 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:07

Thanks Deborah,

I apprciate your post and sadly I suppose we do have to be careful..I didn't actually give that aspect a thought...I've led a very sheltered life biggrin.gif

On the good news side though I have managed to locate 4 new violinists (fingers crossed) a Bass Clarinet...I still hope for more respnoses..we do have a website which I will gladly share with any who are interested and once again I ask if you are interested please contact me via PM so I can give you details...

We are an incredibly friendly group, our conductor is excellent (as clear as day) and I can honstly say I have learnt a HUGE amount from playing with them. This is not a high stress situation but a lot of fun and we play some lovely music all cleverly arranged to show off our good points and disguise any weaknesses...its a WIN WIN situtaion so come on people if you are nearby please PM me..

I must add that we are pretty much covered in the woodwind, we have some excellent clarinettits and our flautists are first rate, we could use another Oboe as I am generally on my own, we desperatly need another Bassoon, French Horns, Trombones, some violas would be lovely as would Cellos we currently have two but more would be fantastic and a double bass or two would be out of this world... a Percussionists with their own Kit would be excellent as well...nothing we do is much above grade 5 ish and anything more complex can be practiced...I am astounded at what I have been able to get my fngers round...Please don't sit at home, PM me come along and have a great time...

Thank you all

Andrew

#10 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41735 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:14

Just a thought...

Has your group thought of doing something along the lines of an open rehearsal (ie set a Sunday (or whatever day) aside to play through a load of music, inviting 'outsiders' to come along for a play, and promoting it across Hampshire and the musical community in general across the UK)?

You'd charge a decent fee for each participant, thereby boosting group funds to buy more instruments/music. smile.gif

#11 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:33

Good Morning Bari,

No I don't think they have...I think thats an excellent idea and will put it before the comittee..

I must point out that this is not my group but an Orchestra in which I play...I suppose I am a little more Pro active in my recruiting, rather than just hope people will hear about us or find us on the internet I am going out to find the people if that makes any sense...it's such a nice group of people it can only improve itself and enrich the group by the more musicians we have we are currently about 40 strong on a regular basis but another twenty or thirty would be so exciting so I am going to kep plugging away...and these threads here are just a start...I have many more plans to spread the word...This is why I posted in the Viva sections here and in the teachers sections here, Adults who are learning nearby might find this a great way to improve and stretch themselves and meet new like minded people...Also and I am constantly being told that we wont get the youngsters as they are all in the county orchestra or NYO well surely not every child gets into the county or the NYO and this is a good chance for them to play orchestrally, be in a group (No worries for the parents many of our members are fully CRB checked) we only rehearse between 7 and 9pm so its not a late one and we have some excellent youngsters who play and benefit greatly from it...our members vary in age from early teens to a fabulous Cellist who god love her is in her 80's and a very accomplished musician she is too...so we welcome all..teachers spread the word please to your pupils...adults and youngsters alike...

As a footnote I would say to anyone who is not playing in an orchestra or group to go and find your local community orchestra/group via say the UK amateur orchestra website and see who is nearby...don't be put of if they say they don't have any vacancies and leave it, get in touch and get your name out there...you would be astounded at how many websites languish without regular updating...You have spent a lot of money on your instruments and lessons and a whole new world of making music is a phone call away...don't worry if you think you will find it tricky, you may at first but that will soon dissapear and your confidence will grow, your sight reading will improve I garuantee it and you will have a lot of fun...

Regards

Andrew

#12 Guest: skylark_*

Guest: skylark_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:38

I remember you posting about your experiences when you played "1st oboe" and I'm pleased it's worked out so well for you. Your enthusiasm's great - good luck with your recruiting!

#13 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:44

Thank you skylark,

yes it has been a great experience...I would urge any who don't currently play to get out there and find a group...My countng has improved beyond all recognition..and I actually know where I am in an orchestral score these days... biggrin.gif

Andrew

#14 Guest: carol*piano_*

Guest: carol*piano_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 02 July 2008 - 18:11

QUOTE(Deborah @ Jul 2 2008, 08:51 AM) View Post

Oops, sorry AUK ph34r.gif I am reliably informed that you are a fine musician and in no way a stalker, so musicians with easy access to his corner of Hampshire, please contact him for evenings of fine music-making.

Yes, I can also vouch for Andrew's general gorgeousness... rolleyes.gif wink.gif
As for his musical ability, well... umm... tongue.gif

#15 A.U.K

A.U.K

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 20:00

Well thank you Miss Carol Piano, your attesting to my "General Gorgeousness" is very kind of you...I too will withold comment about my musical ability...I enjoy playing and have improved somewhat I believe...But I can tell you my counting has really come together...

Please musicians if you are nearby do get in touch via PM and lets have a chat..

regards,

Andrew