7 replies to this topic

#1 platorepublic

platorepublic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Member: 897239

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:11

Being a youngster with limited resources, I generally just listen to my music with my iPod using bluetooth headphones or wired earphones. 

When my ears hurt, I just play the music either through my laptop's speakers (not ideal) or through portable speakers.

#2 Arundodonuts

Arundodonuts

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6217 posts
  • Member: 30881
  • Stockport

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:15

CD radio or streamed from mac through hi-fi at home.

iPhone when travelling.

Radio in the car.

#3 chris13

chris13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Member: 7226
  • Lancaster; originally from Rhubarb Triangle Yorkshire

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:20

Being a youngster......

When my ears hurt, I just play the music either through my laptop's speakers (not ideal) or through portable speakers.

If you are a youngster you need to take care with your hearing ( I am assuming that it is your hearing rather than the outer ear which is hurting). My brother and some friends now wear hearing aids because of early life noise exposure.

#4 ejw21

ejw21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Member: 820271
  • Skipton, N Yorks

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:04

Agreed - please take a moment to look at the Action on Hearing Loss page: https://www.actionon...loud-music.aspx.

I use earphones if listening on my phone etc but they are good noise cancelling ones and I have the volume turned quite low.

#5 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6151 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 04 April 2017 - 17:09

At home, I have a substantial hi-fi system, input to which may be turntable, CD player, iPhone/iPad/PC, or the satellite receiver. In the car, it's either radio or my phone via USB port. I sometimes listen at work using headphones and phone.

#6 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14616 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 04 April 2017 - 22:37

I only really listen to music in the car or on the PC (with or without earphones).

:wub:

#7 platorepublic

platorepublic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Member: 897239

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:09

Being a youngster......

If you are a youngster you need to take care with your hearing ( I am assuming that it is your hearing rather than the outer ear which is hurting). My brother and some friends now wear hearing aids because of early life noise exposure.

Thanks for the advice :) I will take that into account. I do try not to listen to music for prolonged periods. And also, I listen less and less to music when I head out, and listen more to nature.

#8 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22935 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:58

Being a youngster......

I imagined the opposite as I find earphones uncomfortable in less than an hour. I have to use over ear ones as I can't fit even small in ear ones comfortably at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headphones, earphones, speakers, music, piano