Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14408 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 18 May 2017 - 22:10

Just flagging up the fact that the British Kodály Academy is planning its first spring course with an 'Improvisation and Composition' focus.

The course will be held from 4th-7th April 2018, at the Telford Innovation Campus (University of Wolverhampton).

Besides the daily staples of choir and musicianship, there will be afternoon workshops/presentations on the above topic.

So far we have some wonderful tutors and presenters lined up:

• Árpád Tóth - a fabulous young Hungarian, very lively and entertaining and a superb musician and teacher, with a particular interest in choral improvisation
  • Allan Wright - known to forum members of a while ago - the most amazing vocal technician/teacher I have ever met (people have said that just their half-hour lesson with him was worth the whole course fee!).   He'll be giving individual singing lessons and also a vocal workshop (both informative and very funny)
  • Zsófia Tallér - one of Hungary's leading classical composers.   Her sessions will include writing for children's choirs and the harmonisation of folk songs
  • Chris Rupp - from the USA, one of the founders of my a cappella obsession Home Free (yay!   Well Done Me :goldstar:).   He will be leading sessions on contemporary songwriting and how to build up an a cappella piece from scratch

Please pencil it in your diaries now, if any of the above appeal to you!

If you'd like any more information, please just either ask here or PM me.   I have links to a TED talk by Árpád and to several of Chris Rupp's arrangements (he has just brought out an album of a cappella hymns and gospel songs, in which he sings all the parts).

Very excited already!

:) :) :) :) :)