chris13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Member: 7226
  • Lancaster; originally from Rhubarb Triangle Yorkshire

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:51

Takes place 4-20 August 2017 in the Royal Hall and neighbouring buildings.

http://www.gsfestivals.org

#2 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17128 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:16

Way back in the 1970's I did some rehearsal accompaniment for Harrogate G & S Society

#3 linda.ff

linda.ff

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts
  • Member: 183500
  • Cambridge

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:24

Way back in the 1970's I did some rehearsal accompaniment for Harrogate G & S Society

I bet you never played the scurrilous trick I played once when brought in to cover one rehearsal of the Yeomen of the Guard. 

The quartet Strange Adventure starts with an orchestral introduction  and both verses are unaccompanied, with the same introduction played in between them and at the end. They were horrified after the first verse to find they'd sunk by a whole semitone (they hadn't: the naughty accompanist just transposed the introduction up a semitone). So they sang the second verse a semitone higher, only to hear me play the closing section at pitch. :rolleyes:  :lol:  :ninja:

Yes, they forgave me.  :)

#4 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17128 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 31 May 2017 - 15:23

I bet you never played the scurrilous trick I played once when brought in to cover one rehearsal of the Yeomen of the Guard. 

The quartet Strange Adventure starts with an orchestral introduction  and both verses are unaccompanied, with the same introduction played in between them and at the end. They were horrified after the first verse to find they'd sunk by a whole semitone (they hadn't: the naughty accompanist just transposed the introduction up a semitone). So they sang the second verse a semitone higher, only to hear me play the closing section at pitch. :rolleyes:  :lol:  :ninja:

Yes, they forgave me.  :)

Ooh Naughty girl ! :angry2: