#16 jpiano

jpiano

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts
  • Member: 1270

Posted 08 June 2017 - 00:28

Of course I was joking sbhoa, what about this clearly lighthearted thread confused you?

There's no need to be so nasty.

Anyone has the right to ask ABRSM to change their exam appointment for whatever reason. ABRSM have the right to say no. It's for them, no-one else to judge whether their reason is good enough. We never know the full picture of what is really going on for someone. I'd get off your high horse. For most of us it's just a preference but someone reading may have genuine deeply personal reasons such as health reasons for needing a particular time of day, and can't 'just suck it up'. They're not being lazy or messing the exam system around for a laugh. FGS.

Well, joking apart, if a candidate has any special needs then this would have been notified on the entry form and if necessary discussed well in advance of dates going out.

Latin pianist, love the school prom tale. I do tell parents of summer term entrants to check their calendars for the inevitable school trips and exams that always crop up, but that one's a new one on me!

#17 cestrian

cestrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Member: 253314
  • Wales

Posted 08 June 2017 - 13:48

Of course I was joking sbhoa, what about this clearly lighthearted thread confused you?

There's no need to be so nasty.

Anyone has the right to ask ABRSM to change their exam appointment for whatever reason. ABRSM have the right to say no. It's for them, no-one else to judge whether their reason is good enough. We never know the full picture of what is really going on for someone. I'd get off your high horse. For most of us it's just a preference but someone reading may have genuine deeply personal reasons such as health reasons for needing a particular time of day, and can't 'just suck it up'. They're not being lazy or messing the exam system around for a laugh. FGS.

:goldstar: In the world of music lessons and exams embarrassing, thinly veiled excuses are a touchy subject!

#18 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • Member: 711500

Posted 08 June 2017 - 14:07

Sometimes being honest pays off . A few years ago I asked if my son could have 2 days off school as his cousin was visiting. Friends had suggested that I said he was ill, but wasn't happy about that. Amazingly the school said yes. I rang abrsm yesterday to change two appointments and was not really asked why. On other occasions, as with my "prom" pupil, I he had to justify the reason. It took me several tries and long waits to get through, so presumably there's a lot of changing going on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abrsm, exams