Brynfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Member: 96949
  • South Wales

Posted 17 July 2017 - 13:36

I'm thinking of re-arranging the furniture in my music room.  When the piano was first delivered it was placed centrally in the room (the bottom end against a wall).  The room had only just been built and decorated, and didn't have any other furniture.  That was 3 years ago and now that furniture is in situ (desk, sideboard, sofa, table for  pupils to do theory work, book shelves etc.) it's becoming a bit of a squeeze.

Over the summer I want to have a thorough clear out of the room and would like to move the furniture around a bit, including the piano. But, the only place where sockets etc wouldn't be blocked is in the corner in front of the window which has a small radiator underneath.  

The room has a high humidity level anyway (between 60 and 70% when I'm not running the dehumidifier) and during the winter I never put the heating over 20C.  The piano is around 10 years old.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3442 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 17 July 2017 - 15:11

From the maker's mouth (so to speak)  http://steinway.co.u...-your-steinway/

#3 jim palmer

jim palmer

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1482 posts
  • Member: 28959
  • South London

Posted 17 July 2017 - 16:44

You could get a plumber in and move the radiator, should be an easy job if the pipes are conveniently placed.

:)

#4 Brynfan

Brynfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • South Wales

Posted 17 July 2017 - 19:50

I think I may possibly put the piano into the opposite corner, blocking the door to the utility/downstairs loo.  It means pupils having to go through the kitchen to use the loo, but it's not the end of the world (will also have the added benefit of me having to keep the kitchen tidy - always clean, not always tidy :rolleyes: ).

#5 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3442 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 17 July 2017 - 20:17

Could you turn the radiator off and use an oil rad or whatever Dyson came up with instead?

#6 Brynfan

Brynfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • South Wales

Posted 17 July 2017 - 20:51

Could you turn the radiator off and use an oil rad or whatever Dyson came up with instead?

Hadn't thought of that Badstrad.  Something to look into.

Thanks