#1 melcc

melcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Member: 897342

Posted 13 August 2017 - 15:28

Hi all,
Just wondered if there are any FTCL singers out there who have either had a programme approved or taken the exam? Having huge issues getting my programme approved...the set choices are sooo limited and keep getting own choices rejected. Looking for solid mezzo pieces!
Any advice hugely appreciated!!!!

#2 jjosiejo

jjosiejo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Member: 897296

Posted 13 August 2017 - 16:29

I haven't done it, but WOW that is a limited list!  What have you tried in terms of own choice? From that list, if you are not a coloratura mezzo you only have about 3 choices!  Bonkers.  What fach are you? How about some Wagner (Fricke or Brangane), or Britten (Lucretia Give him this Orchid), or Delilah, Charlotte, other 19th C French repertoire might be options too.  Presumably you have had a look at the FRSM syllabus as they should presumably be roughly equivalent (Adieu Forets is in both for exx).  For Handel Arias, Sesto is lower than Ariodante, you could look at half the characters from Giulio Cesare, also Clemenza has some good stuff in it for Mozart.  

#3 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16513 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 13 August 2017 - 17:05

There is a forumite who took FLCM singing a couple of years ago, so look at that repertoire also.

#4 melcc

melcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Member: 897342

Posted 13 August 2017 - 17:12

I know....it's ridiculous!!!! I have submitted once including a couple of FRSM pieces which are considered 'of not enough technical difficulty' Most of my LTCL list came from the FRSM syllabus...currently looking at the Giulio Cesare rep

I'm kind of hoping someone may have had a list approved at some point which may give other possibles instead of to'ing' and fro'ing'! It takes such a long time to approve / not approve! The Dvorak and Bach would be fine as would the una voce poco fa but that's not going to get me very far!